Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
1713217620827.png

Nland316

Surprised we haven’t heard any rumors concerning the show changes a month out of it premiering.

Do we expect a massive overhaul similar to 2.0? Or do we think it will be minimal except the confirmed Peter Pan and Maleficent scenes?

I believe Jordan Peterson (responsible for WJ, Magic Happens, Rogers the Musical, and OBB) is in charge of this revamp.

I could personally see it sharing similarities to the DHS changes — meaning reverting back to a lot of 1.0 content/score. That’s just my own baseless theory though.

D.Silentu

Do we expect a massive overhaul similar to 2.0? Or do we think it will be minimal except the confirmed Peter Pan and Maleficent scenes?
I'd guess the latter and wouldn't be surprised to hear that coming up with and integrating a new climax was more time intensive than a lot of us think.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Surprised we haven’t heard any rumors concerning the show changes a month out of it premiering.

I believe Jordan Peterson (responsible for WJ, Magic Happens, Rogers the Musical, and OBB) is in charge of this revamp.

I could personally see it sharing similarities to the DHS changes — meaning reverting back to a lot of 1.0 content/score. That’s just my own baseless theory though.
Just going by the fact that Peter Pan is coming back. I'm going to assume the original soundtrack is also coming back or at least I hope it is and that they can incorporate new stuff in while keeping the same musical style of the OG 92 soundtrack like they did in DHS. But then again it might just be the same show without the dragon and Peter Pan put back in.

Emmanuel

I would've expected some sort of update by now but if the only major changes were Peter Pans return and the new Mickey vs Maleficent scene then I would keep expectations down until Disney releases something in advance such as b rolls or if media will have a preview before hand or if any CM previews will permit those attending to film it on the week of its return.

In other news, Disney cleared the Fantasmic dining page and all it says is "More details coming soon". In addition, the Fantasmic On-the-Go package (the cheaper alternative at Hungry Bear) is gone from the website.

gerarar

Premium Member

All the construction stuff in the ROA got cleared in the last week, so rehearsals must be close or currently happening.

Hopefully we get some teasers and sneak peaks soon with less than a month to go.

I would expect a DHS similar revamp. The soundtrack kept mostly the same and new scenes clipped/swapped in. So in this case, Peter Pan where Pirates was and a new Malificient fight scene. I'm mostly interested to see if the showtime becomes longer or shorter (DHS became 2 mins longer).

I really want the Princess Medley to be swapped back to Belle/Ariel/Snow White again, despite really loving Rapunzel. But if this were to happen, Disney would've announced it already.

TP2000

As many of you know, I not only have my finger on the pulse of the Online Disney Fan Community, I have controlled the global messaging and flow of information on the Disney Internet for over 25 years now. Usually after I've had a light lunch.

With that said, after a brief confirmation of the data, I can confidently state that there is NOT hype for Pixar Fest. 🧐

jrhwdw

As many of you know, I not only have my finger on the pulse of the Online Disney Fan Community, I have controlled the global messaging and flow of information on the Disney Internet for over 25 years now. Usually after I've had a light lunch.

With that said, after a brief confirmation of the data, I can confidently state that there is NOT hype for Pixar Fest. 🧐
Any hype for F!'s Return?

TP2000

Any hype for F!'s Return?

It doesn't seem like it. Are there any TV commercials in SoCal yet for this return? Probably too soon for that yet.

Also, I wonder how the crowd control CM's will handle this show's return? The 13 month long forced closure of Disneyland by Sacramento caused a loss of institutional knowledge for stuff like this, but then Fantasmic! closed shortly after it returned to the park post-Covid. Now it's been over a year since they've done this show, and the turnover of CM's has taken its toll again. Yikes.

I need to check the calendar for Memorial Day again, but I'm thinking that I'll try and settle in on the YouTube live stream that debut evening with a cocktail and a little plate of canape's and just watch the fun unfold. 🍸

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I assume there isn't anything in place yet for dining packages or virtual queue for Fantasmic! yet?

I'll take this as my answer:

1714694678417.png

I can't remember if they were still using the virtual queue system to get the better seats before Murph died. We were there the night it happened, but didn't watch either of the shows.

Since I'm not going to DCA and will be doing 2 days at DL, I'm planning to maximize my time to see everything. Was planning Fantasmic! and then watching the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge on Saturday night, then watching Magic Happens (possibly with the Plaza Inn dining package) and the fireworks from Main Street on Sunday.

I just don't know if I want to spend the extra money on the dining package for Fantasmic! or just get virtual queue and save the money.

PiratesMansion

I assume there isn't anything in place yet for dining packages or virtual queue for Fantasmic! yet?

I'll take this as my answer:

View attachment 782898

I can't remember if they were still using the virtual queue system to get the better seats before Murph died. We were there the night it happened, but didn't watch either of the shows.

Since I'm not going to DCA and will be doing 2 days at DL, I'm planning to maximize my time to see everything. Was planning Fantasmic! and then watching the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge on Saturday night, then watching Magic Happens (possibly with the Plaza Inn dining package) and the fireworks from Main Street on Sunday.

I just don't know if I want to spend the extra money on the dining package for Fantasmic! or just get virtual queue and save the money.
At some point they stopped doing the virtual queue before Murphy croaked. It wasn't a thing when I went in summer of 22.

We ended up doing the BB dining package since we were eating there anyway (at that point, we just had to ask to get the F! dining package included with our meal-no separate package reservation required). I thought it was worth it to have seated front and center viewing and it didn't make a huge difference in the cost of our meal, but it depends on how much value you place on the view and how much appeal BB has to you. Not sure how the other dining package options compare or to what degree they'll return with the revamped show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom