Disneyland - Fall 2006!!

maelstrom

Original Poster
I'm planning a tentative trip to Disneyland sometime in late October to late November this year. I have some questions.

Haunted Mansion Holiday - overlay for Christmas? When does that go up? I don't want to be there when HM is closed.

It's A Small World Holiday - again, I don't want to be there when it's closed. Either regular or holiday is fine with me, as long as it's open.

Matterhorn - IntercotWest says it's closed 10/31+. I assume that means that it may open on Halloween or maybe later. I don't want to travel 3000 miles and have the Matterhorn be closed.

Monorail - pretty much a no-go, yes?

I haven't been to Disneyland for six years and I'm really looking forward to going again. My memories of DL are so trippy (I don't know why; I was not under the influence of any drugs or anything like that!... it's probably because of the Rocket Rods queue). But I could really use some help. I'm going to post this on Disneyland-specific boards, but since WDWMagic is my home board, I had to post it here. :kiss:

maelstrom

Original Poster
Disneyland's MSEP goes dark at the end of the summer? That... really sucks. I can hopefully get there when the Matterhorn opens back up, but I guess there's no hope for the MSEP. And that makes me really sad. HMH and IASWH will both be up by the time I get there.

I have more definitive dates now: November 10th - November 26th.

darthjohnny

There was a rumor that the Haunted Mansion Holiday would not happend this year because they are concentration more on the newly renovated Pirates of teh Caribbean, but I don't think that's true. HMH should open by October. I'm not sure about Small World though.

MainSt1993

There was a rumor that the Haunted Mansion Holiday would not happend this year because they are concentration more on the newly renovated Pirates of teh Caribbean, but I don't think that's true. HMH should open by October. I'm not sure about Small World though.

The installs for both are already on the official Disneyland calendar, so they're definitely coming. HMH opens on September 29 and SWH opens on November 10.

maelstrom

Original Poster
Our travel dates have been shortened. We're taking Las Vegas and Phoenix out of the trip and concentrating on just Disneyland and Los Angeles. So now the dates are November 16th-26th. I read that the Matterhorn should be back up by the 22nd. I'm not too crazy about HMH, but I can't wait to see IASWH. I'll probably spread Disneyland out over the course of trip, instead of doing three consecutive days. We have also decided to stay in Anaheim instead of LA and just drive to LA the days we're going there, because it's a lot cheaper to stay in Anaheim. We're looking at either the Anaheim Plaza (stayed there once before) or the Anabella Hotel which is quite a bit more money, but has a king bed in one room and a seperate room with a twin bed.

What kind of park hours are there at this time of year? And do you think we'd be able to get a reservation at Goofy's Kitchen for Thanksgiving dinner or are we too late?

Poppers

i was just at Disneyland for a weekend, and yes the monoral was open. they only take you halfway through the track though so you can go over the lagoon where they are building the new Nemo Sub Ride. Haunted Mansion Holiday is always open th every beginning of October because it ties in for Halloween.

MainSt1993

So now the dates are November 16th-26th. I read that the Matterhorn should be back up by the 22nd. I'm not too crazy about HMH, but I can't wait to see IASWH.

What kind of park hours are there at this time of year? And do you think we'd be able to get a reservation at Goofy's Kitchen for Thanksgiving dinner or are we too late?

Unfortunately the Matterhorn is still going to be down for rehab the dates you are there. The hours aren't yet posted, but they tend to go as follows:

Mon-Thurs
DL 10 am - 8 pm
DCA 10 am -6 pm

Friday
DL 9 am - 10 pm
DCA 10 am - 8 pm

Saturday
DC 9 am - midnight
DCA 10 am - 10 pm

Sunday
DL 9 am - 10 pm
DCA 10 am - 8 pm

Expect more shows to be available on weekends, and note that at Disneyland during the school year fireworks are only on Friday and Saturday nights. Looks like the Mark Twain will be back up, so there won't be that silly alternate ending to Fantasmic, which hopefully will run Friday-Sunday.

Disney Dining takes reservations up to 60 days in advance, so you're fine on Goofy's Kitchen. I hope you have a great trip!

MainSt1993

I read that it is set to reopen 11/22. That would give me a few days. :veryconfu

According to the official Disneyland website, it's down through the end of December and info isn't available for December yet. Visionsfantastic.com says it's reopening on Nov 22, but I'd go with the official notice and then maybe be pleasently surprised? :veryconfu

I know from friends who have worked on it that it's an attraction that needs a lot of TLC, and it hasn't been down for quite a while now. I heard the vehicles are getting a new restraint system as well. Maybe they're changing the seating so it's like Space at WDW? I hope not, because I actually like the current configuration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom