DisneyLand DreamSuite on Ellen Now

Disneyfan2000

Original Poster
Hey everyone watching Ellen and just thought you guys would be interested in seeing the DLDS on Ellen and shes interviewing the first family i believe. Well its coming on in a few mins!

lilclerk

OhmyGAWD that suite is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sad I didn't take my Disneyland trip this year instead of last year.

the-reason14

Didnt last years a million dreams scheme have a disneyland suite in their castle or something. I thought it was called mickey's suite or something? And why do they say it was originally intended for Walt and his family when I thought he stayed in the place above the fire station.

Kamikaze

Hey everyone watching Ellen and just thought you guys would be interested in seeing the DLDS on Ellen and shes interviewing the first family i believe. Well its coming on in a few mins!

Ellen, as an syndicated show, does not show everywhere at the same time.

ready2go

Didnt last years a million dreams scheme have a disneyland suite in their castle or something. I thought it was called mickey's suite or something? And why do they say it was originally intended for Walt and his family when I thought he stayed in the place above the fire station.

Mickey Mosue Penthouse is located in the Disneyland Hotel on the 11th floor of the Dreams Tower. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=MickeyPenthouseVirtualTourPage

The Dream Suite location, above PoC, was to be for both Walt and Roy but was never built, that's what we were told on the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour.:animwink: Walt did stay in the apartment above the Fire station and they still keep the light on in the window there.

mickeysaver

Who are the guests for the show? Ellen comes on here in about 25 minutes, but there is nothing listed in the show description about DL. TIA

TP2000

And why do they say it was originally intended for Walt and his family when I thought he stayed in the place above the fire station.

New Orleans Square opened in July, 1966. But the entire area, including Club 33 and some restaurants, wasn't completed until early 1967. The apartment now known as the "Dream Suite" is directly adjacent to a wing of the Club 33 complex.

Walt passed away in December, 1966, and since the multi-room apartment wasn't quite ready by late 1966 Walt and his family hadn't stayed there by the time Walt died. But the original intention of the space was to be a private apartment for Walt and Roy and their families.

The smaller apartment above the Fire Station on Main Street was used by Walt and his family continually from the time of Disneyland's construction in mid 1955 until his death in late 1966. The apartment is maintained in the same condition it was in when Walt last saw it in '66, including dishware, housewares, and personal effects. The lamp in the apartments front window is kept on as a tribute to Walt. Next time you are on Main Street at Disneyland, look for the lamp in the window.

PaisleyMF

The smaller apartment above the Fire Station on Main Street was used by Walt and his family continually from the time of Disneyland's construction in mid 1955 until his death in late 1966. The apartment is maintained in the same condition it was in when Walt last saw it in '66, including dishware, housewares, and personal effects. The lamp in the apartments front window is kept on as a tribute to Walt. Next time you are on Main Street at Disneyland, look for the lamp in the window.

The light at the firehouse was a signal that Walt give the cast members to let them know that he was on the Park. Since he is in every cast members heart and his spirit and legacy lives on the Light is kept on all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom