Disneyland/DCA Questions

KevinDisneyFan1

Original Poster
I have tons of questions about DCA and DIsneyland, and I need help finding answers.

1. In DCA why is Francis Ladybug Boogie closed? The latest stuff I read online indicates it's closed.

2. Any photos of the area where the Skyway flew BEFORE the Matterhorn, i.e. the area it passed over before the Matterhorn was built?

3. In Disneyland where where/are the two SKyway buildings? Are they still there at all? ARe there any traces?

4. DCA-What does the SuperStar Limo building look like now? Did they take down signage yet?

5. Disneyland- Will Buzz Lightyear use the old Rocket Rods track? Personally I LOVED the Rocket Rods, I don't want Buzz to use it. I'm still hoping that someday, somehow, the Rods will return. Is this possible? or is the track ruined?

6. Finally [whew, lol], does anyone know why the fountain in Disneyland Tomorrowland was turned off? In front of Space Mountain? Plus why did the put Space back to white, it matched Tomorrowland better when it was copper-ish.

Thanks for reading my post guys.

ToTBellHop

I'll answer what I can.

For some reason, Francis' Lady Bug Boogie has quite a few technical difficulties, so I am sure they are trying to fix it. Of course, it is not nearly as unreliable as Heimlick's Chew Chew Train, another ride which is inexplicably closed a lot.

I don't believe much of the SuperStar Limo signage has been removed--unless this was removed recently, the facade is still there.

Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters is in the old Circle-Vision theatre area (Rocket Rods' queue). The Rocket Rods track was ruined and will never be able to support a ride like Rocket Rods again. The return of the PeopleMover would cost a lot of money, too, since the track is not structurally stable enough to hold the weight, so I don't really see that returning.

The old water play area introduced with the New Tomorrowland was not only turned off, but covered over with concrete and eventually removed reportedly due to inappropriate activities that occurred there on weekends with teenage groups that seem to invade the parks on the weekends (partially due to dirt-cheap APs).

While the rust color may have matched the New Tomorrowland better, many guests felt it was hideous, and beyond that, it took away from the classic Space Mountain feel. The new Space Mountain seeks to both return to that classic Tomorrowland feel while upgrading technology on the ride vastly to include theming something like we see on Mission: SPACE.

DarkMeasures

I am actually happy that the Jules Verne feel is starting to get abandoned.

But I have a question about the CM uniforms for Rocket Rodds?

I have one video where they are wearing oversized labcoats and thick gloves and another one with them wearing standard CM uniforms that resembles the ones at WDW's tommorowland.

Did the Uniforms change and from what to what?

Rocket Rodds looked neat. I never been to Disneyland but I did a lot of research. It seemed though that the ride would have fared much better even with some minor alterations. THere are so many points where the track makes tiny S-curves which would not allow acceleration and but stress on the track. If those would have been smoothen out, the ride could have stayed faster at longer parts and I am sure that would have brought more money for an upgrade.

But from what I understand, the ride would need to be completly rebuilt to house either Rocket Rodds or the Peoplemover.

Mickeyrulz

I cannot imagine that such a simple ride could fail at this point in time. It's the 21st century. Why is a littile s-curve so stressful to the structure?

I WANT THE ROCKET RODS BACK. Especially if the track wont be used by Buzz. The Rocket Rods were SUPERB.

My biggest complaint is people only miss the Peoplemover since it's gone. It had very low attendance during its run. Everyone says they miss the Tron thing. Well, it was dated.

DCA Fan

1. In DCA why is Francis Ladybug Boogie closed? I believe they're fixing the ride system.

2. Any photos of the area where the Skyway flew BEFORE the Matterhorn, i.e. the area it passed over before the Matterhorn was built? I think it's always gone through the mountain.

3. In Disneyland where where/are the two SKyway buildings? Are they still there at all? ARe there any traces? The two building are still there, one behind the hat shop and the other near Casey Jr. They are just boarded up.

4. DCA-What does the SuperStar Limo building look like now? Did they take down signage yet? Everything is still there.

5. Disneyland- Will Buzz Lightyear use the old Rocket Rods track? The track is ruined. To my knowledge, Buzz will not be using it.

6. Finally [whew, lol], does anyone know why the fountain in Disneyland Tomorrowland was turned off? In front of Space Mountain? The fountain was too expensive to maintain, that and the actual fountain could not go off very often due to traffic. The white is much easier to maintain than the copper, which was an expensive, multi-layer process. The white is actually panels that will never need repainting.

Mickeyrulz

DarkMeasures,

I have the same two videos, one with lab coats and one with standard uniforms. Guess we'll never know. The Lab Coat Video is way better.

KevinDisneyFan1

Original Poster
Thanks guys.

Poor Rocket Rods. That ride was so much more fun and exciting than Peoplemover. I want it back.

I never understood why the Skyway closed. Well, I UNDERSTAND why disney SAYS it closed, but I don't really buy their story.

Rocket Rods uniforms were normally the labcoat style. The "traditional" looking uniforms, I believe, were only used briefly.

I think Space Mountain looked a bit uglier in bronze but now it just looks rather stupid in white.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom