Disneyland Cast Members Members Union & Disney Reach Tentative Agreement - Final Vote Jul 29

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Move to more positions to part time to pay less in benefits.
Exactly. I also expect what's left of any walk-up ordering at food places to go away to reduce staff. They will push harder on mobile checkout to reduce cashiers. Most likely move forward at a quicker pace to get the automatic entry gates installed so that they can reduce staff by 50% having on person man two gates instead of one.

Also look for even more reduced entertainment throughout the parks, as well as higher ticket, food, and hotel prices.

They basically just negotiated an inferior experience for both CMs and guests.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Exactly. I also expect what's left of any walk-up ordering at food places to go away to reduce staff. They will push harder on mobile checkout to reduce cashiers. Most likely move forward at a quicker pace to get the automatic entry gates installed so that they can reduce staff by 50% having on person man two gates instead of one.

Also look for even more reduced entertainment throughout the parks, as well as higher ticket, food, and hotel prices.

They basically just negotiated an inferior experience for both CMs and guests.
Food prices already went up Resort-wide last week. Most items now .30-$1 more each.

AJFireman

I havent seen anything regarding the new contract details but I did see the DCA contract with the same Union expires in September . So I expect to see the same thing happen in a couple of months unless Disneyland already conceded to giving them the same or something better

DCBaker

Premium Member
Have the details of the new contract been shared?

MiceChat shared these details:

Terms of the New Employee Contract​

The barganing committee recommends Cast Members accept the new contract as it brings historic wage increases and improvements to workplace conditions. Here are the highlights of the new agreement:
  • 3 Year Contract – DEFEATED 5 year contract proposed by Disney
  • Biggest wage increases ever – $6.10 over 3 years for most Cast
  • Members, and Minimum Base wage rate of $24 in 2024 (or more for some classifications)
  • Historic Longevity increases for Senior Members
  • Attendance Policy and Sick leave: improvements that give Cast more opportunity to attend to personal issues without fearing discipline
  • Disney had sought to end premiums for certain kinds of work (3rd Shift, Working Lead, Trainer, etc.), but the unions rejected that attempt. However, the rate for the premiums was not changed, so there’s not as much incentive to work these positions (or shifts).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom