Disneyland AP Voucher question.

Becky

Original Poster
We purchased Disneyland AP vouchers planning to activate them on our April Disneyland trip. As Disneyland will be closed the AP's will not be activated then. The voucher has an expiration date of December 30,2020 . What exactly does that mean? Does it mean 1. When we activate the voucher for our AP does the AP expire on December 30th.? OR (Hopefully) 2. That the voucher must be activated by December 30th BUT that for example if we active it on November 14th (our November booked trip) the AP will be
good until November 14th 2021? Finally if (as many think) Corona comes back in the fall and we are not able to activate the
voucher by December 30th do we lose the money we paid? I know Disney is extending AP's but they have said nothing I can
find about unactivated vouchers.

Darkbeer1

Disney's policy for a long time is, before the expiration date, it is redeemable for the stated item.

AP's starting date is first day of use, so if you visit in May, that would be the starting date. In November, then a November starting date.

After the expiration date, the voucher becomes a non-refundable gift card. What that means is that the amount paid for the voucher now becomes a credit voucher that is valid for any type of ticket media (AP or multi-day ticket) that is equal or more expensive than what you paid for it. So let's say the AP went up $20 in price. Disney would want the $20, and then issue the AP with that date as the starting date.

Becky

Original Poster
After the expiration date, the voucher becomes a non-refundable gift card. What that means is that the amount paid for the voucher now becomes a credit voucher that is valid for any type of ticket media (AP or multi-day ticket) that is equal or more expensive than what you paid for it. So let's say the AP went up $20 in price. Disney would want the $20, and then issue the AP with that date as the starting date.

Thanks for the quick reply and good news. A follow up question to which I think I know the answer. Since the voucher is a Disneyland voucher after the expiration date is the "non-refundable gift card" only valid for DisneyLand OR could it
be used to buy a Disney World AP?

Darkbeer1

Thanks for the quick reply and good news. A follow up question to which I think I know the answer. Since the voucher is a Disneyland voucher after the expiration date is the "non-refundable gift card" only valid for DisneyLand OR could it
be used to buy a Disney World AP?

Good question, that is a case by case basis type of thing. You would have to contact Guest Relations, who is swamped due to this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom