Disneyland 1991 - Vol. III

cdunlap

My idea for the Mayan tree thing was that it was a take on the DisneyQuest elevator that had animated clips inside, and/or the elevator from The Living Seas, making it kind of a mini-ride, but having it as a landmark is also cool.
Wait, both could happen, as in, maybe the elevator will be the way out of Xibalba.

Earlie the Pearlie

I’ve been working some more on the layout for the entry land. I loved the idea for a King Minos’s Labyrinth walkthrough, so I’ve added that in, but in the form of a true but not too difficult maze. I think it would be cool to put special effects or animatronics at each dead end, to add a sense of reward to actually getting a bit lost. At the end of the maze will be the Minotaur’s Dungeon, home to a huge Minotaur animatronic. I’m also adding a Greek Trireme docked in the harbor now that we know that we are going to have a central lagoon, with a snack or souvenir stand nearby themed to a shrine of Poseidon.

cdunlap

About to start working on the Underworld boat ride for Egypt. I'm calling it ”Escape The Underworld”. The idea behind this ride is that riders are following the Ba (the soul in the form of a human-headed bird) of a dead pharaoh from his tomb, through the dangerous Underworld and its many trials, and into the Field Of Reeds, the Egyptian afterlife. Guests load in the Great Pyramid's burial chamber before dropping down a steep slope into the Underworld. The underworld portion will be a fast-paced boat ride unlike any seen in the Disney Parks circa 1991, while the Field of Reeds portion will be more calm and slow-paced. The ride ends with a lift hill that takes guests up to an outdoor unloading area located beside the Great Pyramid that blends in with the nearby Marketplace.

cdunlap

@MonorailRed, I think you should return to this project once Citrus Dreamin' concludes. I really feel like you were a great leader last summer when you started this, which is why I think you should return. If you need some help leading, I've basically been leading this project for the past months, so I will be of assistance if necessary. We also need a LOT of visuals for the Parks and I don’t think I can do that alone, especially after seeing your concept art during Citrus Dreamin'.

cdunlap

I'm going to rework my WESTCOT Downtown Disney concept. Basically, it will have the Future World DisneyQuest near the entrance and World Showcase as its Pleasure Island with attractions, restaurants, shops, and clubs, including a nightly Global New Year celebration within the Palace Of All Nations as an equivalent to the Adventurer's Club, The Lost Kingdom, a small Mythology park with interactive elements that serves as a free alternative to Gate 3 located within a courtyard of the Palace Of All Nations, a Moroccan marketplace, a Venetian street, a Thai floating market, an Aztec temple, and a Parisian street. WESTCOT, much like Disney Springs, will be free of charge to visit. Also, if anyone wants to collaborate with me on this, please let me know!

Last edited:

cdunlap

Here's the new concept for WESTCOT, in which the continents are divided into subsections that are either countries, continents, or regions. WESTCOT is free to enter, its attractions are free, but its dining options and mercantile options make WESTCOT's money.

🪩SPACE STATION EARTH🪩

Space Station Earth is a golden geodesic sphere that serves as the main landmark of WESTCOT. Guests enter underneath Space Station Earth. Space Station Earth holds FutureQuest, an arcade with games based on EPCOT's Future World Pavilions. The Monorail stop is located across from Space Station Earth.

🌎THE AMERICAS🌎

🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Mystery Lodge (A show depicting myths from the Kwakwaka’wakw First Nations)

🇺🇸The United States🇺🇸

New England Waterfront (A New England waterfront with shops, street entertainment, and restaurants)

Lakota Village (A Lakota Native Village that guests can explore with tipis holding traditional items and an observatory)

Cliff Pueblo (An exploration space based on the Cliff Pueblos of the Southwestern United States)

🇧🇲🇨🇺🇯🇲🇭🇹🇵🇷🇹🇹The Caribbean🇹🇹🇵🇷🇭🇹🇯🇲🇨🇺🇧🇲

Bermuda Triangle: Flight To Puerto Rico (A motion simulator that simulates a nonstop flight from DC to San Juan, despite only being 5 minutes long, that passes through the notorious Bermuda Triangle on a foggy night, when suddenly the navigation goes haywire and the plane encounters a meteor. The plane makes it through safely and lands in San Juan.)

Caribbean Square (An area representing Cuba, Jamaica, Haiti, Puerto Rico, and Trinidad and Tobago with a Voodoo shop, a Jamaican Music dinner show, a Cuba walkthrough, a wandering Puerto Rican band, and Trinidadian Carnival Dancers)

🇲🇽🇬🇹Mexico And Central America🇬🇹🇲🇽

Mexican Village (A Mexican Village with shops, restaurants, and street entertainment)

FIESTA (A Mexican Heritage Museum/Mexican Restaurant/Mexican Dance Show featuring Piñatas, Mexican Flags, and Historical Displays. The restaurant portion serves Menudo, Tacos, Enchiladas, Tamales, and Tres Leches. The dances in the show are folklorico dances accompanied by mariachi. FIESTA is a good viewing spot for the fireworks, or Fuegos Artificiales)

Temple Of The Serpent (A show set in an Aztec temple inhabited by Teotl, the Aztec concept of life energy, in the forms of the spirits of Eagle Warriors and Jaguar Warriors, Nahualli (Animal Spirits), and Aztec deities)

Mayan Coast (A water ride in which guests ride boats through the Pyramids of The Bacabs, Mayan gods of the directions, which surround the Tree Of Life, which the Mayans thought was at the center of the world. Guests queue along a path lined with carvings depicting Mayan rituals and carvings written in the Mayan script)

🇧🇷🇵🇪South America🇵🇪🇧🇷

Huanya Picchu (A walkthrough taking guests through the mountain in Machu Picchu going past Inca gold, Inca mummies, and Inca statues)

Escape The Amazon Rainforest (A Rapids Ride through the Amazon encountering Quicksand, Jaguars, Poisonous and Non Poisonous Frogs, Snakes, Vines, Caimans, and Monkeys)

🇪🇺EUROPE🇪🇺

🇮🇹🇫🇷Western And Central Europe🇫🇷🇮🇹

Venezia Square (A replica of Italy Pavilion with shops, gondola rides, street entertainment, and restaurants)

The Voyages Of Marco Polo (A walkthrough attraction taking guests through the travels of Marco Polo that begins in Venezia Square and ends in the Asian Garden)

Pompeii (A walkthrough replica of Pompeii)

Paris Square (A replica of France Pavilion with shops, restaurants, and street entertainment)

🇬🇧The British Isles🇬🇧

London Square (A Victorian London-themed area with shops, restaurants, walkthroughs, a theater where the World Showcase Players perform, and street entertainment)

🇳🇴🇸🇪Northern Europe🇸🇪🇳🇴

Maelstrom (A boat ride taking guests through the Viking Age and Norwegian folklore)

Sami Village (A Sami village that guests can explore)

🇬🇷🇷🇴🇷🇺Eastern Europe🇷🇺🇷🇴🇬🇷

Knossos Ruins (An exploration space based on the Knossos ruins on Crete)

Transylvania: The Land Beyond The Forest (A walkthrough taking guests past dioramas of historical sites in the Transylvania region of Romania)

Moscow Square (A Moscow-themed area with shops, restaurants, walkthroughs, a Ballet show, street entertainment, and a replica of St Basil's Cathedral)

🌍AFRICA🌍

🇪🇬🇲🇦North Africa🇲🇦🇪🇬

Moroccan Souk (A copy of Morocco Pavilion with shops, street entertainment, and restaurants)

Temple of Thoth (A walkthrough of a magical temple devoted to the Egyptian god Thoth filled with traps and Egyptian art)

🇿🇼🌍Subsaharan Africa🌍🇿🇼

Heartbeat Of West Africa (A show in which dancers and guests perform West African songs and dances to the beat of the West African Drums)

Explore Wild Africa (A dark ride taking guests through scenes of the Sahara Desert, Mount Kilimanjaro, Lake Natron, and the Kalahari Desert)

Great Zimbabwe (An exploration space based on the Great Zimbabwe ruins)

🌏ASIA AND THE PACIFIC ISLANDS🌏

🇹🇷🇯🇴🇮🇶The Middle East🇮🇶🇯🇴🇹🇷

Istanbul Square (An area themed to Istanbul with shops, restaurants, street entertainment, and a Hagia Sophia walkthrough)

The Last Crusade (A walkthrough attraction located within Petra based on Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade taking guests through the story of the film)

The Hanging Gardens (A walkthrough replica of the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon)

🇮🇳🇳🇵South Asia🇳🇵🇮🇳

Jaipur Square (An area themed to the Indian city of Jaipur with restaurants, shops, and street entertainment)

Grand Mahal (An Indian restaurant located within a Mughal palace)

Everest Museum (A museum within a replica of Everest devoted to climbing Mount Everest. Documentaries are shown in a theatre at the entrance, climbing gear and maps of Everest are on the second floor, the third floor holds an exhibit on the Nepali and Tibetan cultures, the fourth floor holds an exhibit on the Sherpa people, and the fifth floor holds an exhibit on famous climbers of Everest)

🇨🇳🇰🇷🇻🇳🇯🇵East Asia🇯🇵🇻🇳🇰🇷🇨🇳

The Asian Garden (A garden themed to Asian cultures, namely China, Tibet, Korea, and Vietnam. China is represented by a statue of the Nian, a monster that fears the color red and lives below the Yellow Sea, a replica of The Great Wall Of China, a stage where traditional Chinese dances are performed, a replica of the Terracotta Army, and Chinese characters meaning positive things like Good Luck and Happiness made out of red and yellow flowers. Korea is represented by a restaurant where guests can dine on traditional Korean cuisine while playing the equally traditional card game Go-Stop. Tibet is represented by a garden of flowers and juniper trees dotted with Tibetan sculptures. Vietnam is represented by a statue telling the story of Tet, the Vietnamese New Year, surrounded by White Daffodils, which are said to provide inspiration.)

The Floating World (A city in Feudal Japan with a Teahouse, a Samurai exhibit, a Zen temple exhibit, a walkthrough of the Heian Imperial Court according to the Diary Of Murasaki Shikibu, a female courtier of the Emperor, a Poetry House, and a replica of Mount Fuji holding Kamikakushi.)

Kamikakushi (A boat ride taking guests from a Shinto shrine to the Realm of the Kami, featuring figures and creatures from Japanese mythology as well as Japanese cultural items ancient and modern held within Mount Fuji.)

🇹🇭🇰🇭🇵🇭Southeast Asia🇵🇭🇰🇭🇹🇭

Bangkok Square (An area themed to Bangkok featuring walkthroughs, a floating market, restaurants, and street entertainment)

Angkor Wat (An exploration space based on the Angkor Wat ruins in Cambodia)

Cafe Filipino (A restaurant where guests can eat Filipino dishes)

🇳🇿New Zealand🇳🇿

Māori Village (A Māori village that guests can visit)

🇫🇲Micronesia🇫🇲

Nan Madol Ruins (An exploration space based on the Nan Madol Ruins)

🌎🌍🌏THE ISLAND OF ALL NATIONS🌏🌍🌎

Great Square Of The Flags (A square where all the countries' flags fly)

The Palace Of All Nations (A golden palace combining architectural styles from Mughal India, Imperial China, Ancient Mexico, Ancient Egypt, Medieval Europe, Medieval Arabia, Great Zimbabwe, the Māori, Feudal Japan, Ottoman Turkey, Morocco, Mesopotamia, Thailand, Ancient Micronesia, Ancient Cambodia, Nepal, the Minoans, the Nabataeans, the Sami, Victorian London, the Lakota, the Pueblo, 19th Century France, Medieval Venice, the Incas, Colonial Cuba, and Medieval Russia that holds a nightclub and a small park. The Palace Of All Nations serves as WESTCOT's secondary landmark)

New Year's Eve At The Palace Of All Nations (This is a club equivalent to the Adventurers Club that showcases New Year’s traditions from Australia, The Philippines, Japan, Germany, Greece, Denmark, The Netherlands, Spain, Algeria, Nigeria, Brazil, and Chile, ending in a New Year Countdown at 11:59 PM. This happens every single night of the year)

The Lost Kingdom (A small mythology-themed park located within a courtyard of the Palace Of All Nations with 4 areas themed to Greek, Norse, Chinese, and Hindu myths that serves as a free alternative to Gate 3)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom