Disneycareers.com résumé

topher

Original Poster
I completed my first CP in January and I am currently seasonal status. I will be completing my MBA in August and would like to return to Disney in a salaried position. I have been actively applying for open positions by simply answering the questions asked and posting my résumé.
In the past, this process has gotten me through several rounds of interviews for PI's but no real job as of yet.
My question is: Should I be uploading a cover letter and/or letters of recommendation in the file with my résumé?
Disney recruiting uses the applicant screening software to identify key words and qualify résumés. I'm just not sure what would be the most beneficial and least likely to get thrown out by the software.

Thanks for any help and....
If this has already been discussed, I apologize. :oops:

berlioz70

If you are applying via the internal Hub job postings, then no, I would not include a cover letter. If you are applying externally through disneycareers.com, then yes, I would include a cover letter. Applying internally is generally better than externally because of the process - also, there are a lot more internal opportunities than external ones.

If you are unable to secure a MI (Management Intern) then the best thing to do is return in a regular hourly capacity and work your way into Trainer & Coordinator. When looking for salaried bench candidates, having that experience is much more beneficial than having a Masters. Keep in mind, front line Managers are only required to have a high school diploma, Bachelors is just a bonus, Masters is unnecessary. I say this as someone with a Masters and who had a hard time myself coming to terms that my degree meant squat (though it'll help long term for future promotions).

topher

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply!

Our time is the most valuable thing we have to sell and I wouldn't build a career with a company that undervalues my time. I think if it came down to being forced back into a frontline role, I would reserve WDW strictly for vacations.
To be continued...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom