Disney World's intern program

Courtney488

The representatives at my college did call it an internship (and that's how it was advertised), and if you look at the college program website they call it a paid internship. You have to be in college to do it, that's what makes it an internship. :)

My community college gave me 3 business credits for it, but they didn't transfer over to my university. I do know of one person when I was down there who was actually getting 15 credits for it (he also had to take a couple of the classes down there, but still).

Some of the PI's require you to have done the college program first, so just keep that in mind when you're looking. :)

Some schools will give you credit...unfortunately mine refused to give me credit for the work as well as the classes. I'm a communications major and my school said no credit for it even if I took Disney's communications class!

As for the internship thing...no, it's not. Not unless you're making a career out of running a ride or serving people food or anything like that. The fact that you have to be in college has nothing to do with whether or not it's an internship. The thing that would make it an internship would be the experience it gives you in the field you're looking to go into. I can see a hospitality major working on the CP in a hotel being an internship, but that's about it.

One girl in my apartment was doing the CP since she needed an internship for school...and the whole time she was going through the process before being accepted they advertised it as an internship and told her yes, it would count as an internship for her school, it would be no problem. Then she got to Disney and when she tried to get her boss to sign some papers for her college to verify that she was there on her internship, she was told 'You're not an intern, you're just on the College Program.' It's apparently only an internship until you actually get there, then it's not anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom