Disney World STOLport in Flight Simulator

trainplane3

Original Poster
This is a little addon created by me for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. It replaces the way the STOLport is used now with a functional airport.

Now, the runway is accurate in terms of size. The markings at the other end will be corrected once Asobo fix the SDK. The apron (parking) area is one giant guess. There's no actual pictures of the parking area aside from two planes facing the camera (literally nothing, no idea on parking, buildings, lighting, etc).

My version is meant to be representative of how the STOLport was back when it initially opened. Main differences compared to now are a much smaller apron area, next to no buildings, and no connecting road at the end of 34.
xoFAjLX.jpg

6BnsSo6.jpg
Z0UJkbL.jpg

dyOzO1L.jpg

This is for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator that released a little over a week ago. If you have the sim and would like this airport, then download it here:

Drop the contents of it into your Community folder. The files should look something like this:
Z2sipZ7.jpg

Enjoy!

Also, there's another version floating around out there featuring a more up to date design that reflects the STOLport as it is today. Larger apron, additional roads, and some extra little touches on the runway that didn't exist back in the 70's.

Last edited:

Jahona

Very nice. I was thinking this morning about rebuilding the STOL port to the 1970s design but see you beet me to the punch. Looks good.

trainplane3

Original Poster
Very nice. I was thinking this morning about rebuilding the STOL port to the 1970s design but see you beet me to the punch. Looks good.
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. There'll be a bug fix coming out at some point once Asobo know how to fix their own SDK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom