Disney World Park Update Leak

Didneyfan123

Original Poster
**Everything in this post has not been confirmed. Please don't take everything as fact**
Hello I've been meaning to post this for a while because I wanted to share it. But I've hesitated till now. I know some cast members who are close to Disney World and I have heard some things about recent updates.
I have to be honest I've been disappointed with the park division at Disney World. And after talking with my few cast member friends. I'm beginning to see why.
First thing first. I'm only repeating what I'm hearing. For all I know everything in this post could be proven wrong next week. But I still wanted to share what I know. Also this only concerns Disney World not Disneyland. So I don't know how this relates over there. So take everything with a grain of salt.
Now first we all know there's extreme frustration with Disney for not putting any new rides into construction. They have been twiddling their thumbs for an entire year. But I can tell you expansions are coming. They have Imagineering coming to Animal Kingdom early in the morning in Dinoland. I also heard that Disney is hiring for workers to build their Magic Kingdom Expansion. But don't expect construction to start anytime soon. From what I was told it's all because of paying contractors. Bob Iger reportedly doesn't want to start building any new rides in the domestic parks till after the Epcot expansion is complete. The problem is Epcot's center won't be done till mid or late 2024. Which is very frustrating. They are taking so long. Epcot used to be the most beautiful park but now it's been nothing but walls for a few years. It took the original imagineers 3 years to build all of Epcot in the 80s and now it takes them even longer just to build the center of it. This is why they haven't closed any rides or areas lately.

Second thing is regarding Tiana's Bayou Adventure. While I am super excited and support the retheme. The recent rumors suggest this retheme will have problems. Now again I'm hearing this from alleged former Splash mountain Cast Members. But it seems are fears about the retheme are true. Most if not all the human animatronics will have projection faces like Frozen Ever After. Also at least one scene will be all screens. Probably why we haven't seen any sneak peeks regarding the figures besides Louis. But what I learned is that this will be a huge problem. I was told that imagineers were working with Splash Mountains maintenance team to help get feed back on the retheme. And I heard imagineers have been discarding any advice the maintenance crew gives them. Especially regarding the screens and projection. They warned since Splash Mountain is a water ride that goes both outside and inside. Moisture levels especially in Florida go through the roof. And by resorting to screens they'll be more likely to malfunction. This is probably why Frozen Ever After closed off that little window where you could see the boat when it goes backwards in Maelstrom. But that's just speculation. The issue is that imagineers reportedly ignored any advice given to them from maintenance. And plan to use screens and projections anyway. Now I don't know what they're planning. Maybe they have new kinds of screens prepared for these moisture levels. But I'm not sure.

Third thing is regarding the closure of Dinoland. It seems this is the case. But it may not close until possibly August of next year at the earliest or possibly 2025. Dinosaur is in bad shape the ride breaks down more then any ride in Disney World. But recently Imagineering toured the ride and said the Sauropod dinosaur doesn't look right and demanded a refurbishment. I noticed this when I came as a guest last week and asked about it. If Dinosaur was closing soon. They wouldn't bother with a refurbishment right. Apparently they're keeping this expansion typed lipped. Not even telling Dinoland Leadership or their Maintenance what they are planning. Though Indiana jones is likely, I want to clarify that the d23 announcement about the South America expansion was never officially greenlit. That means for a full year executives and Imagineering haven't decided on their goal. But instead chose to show a blue sky concept at the presentation in order to gage audience reaction. Which just shows lack of confidence in their vision.

Finally some other tidbits I've been carrying over the years. The reason Disney for it's Christmas Party got rid of lights on the castle is because projections are cheaper. Prior to the Pandemic both Dinosaur and Buzz Lightyear were scheduled for a refurbishment. It seems the Spaceship Earth Reimagining is dead in the water. The reason they won't shut the Tomorrowland Speedway down is because after all these years of gas the ground is polluted. And if they tried to tear it up they'd have to pay a fine to the EPA I believe. The reason Peter Pan won't get a upgrade like Disneyland is because the walls are lined with fire proof material they when fried can be toxic. Making the whole process become much more tough shutting the whole building down for a while. Tron took so long was because Disney refused to pay the contractors which delayed the ride.

Now let me rephrase. Everything I posted here is speculation and rumors I heard from cast members in Florida. Everything here maybe be proven wrong in time but I wanted to see what other people thought of this. I'm not a cast Member but I love going to the Disney Parks since I was little. I've been living in central Florida my whole life. And I'm not happy about how the parks are being run. Especially since Epic Universe is coming in two years. And it looks like by the time Disney's next big Ride goes vertical Epic Universe will be open. It shows Disney doesn't care about it's competition and I wouldn't be surprised if Universal takes the crown from Disney World. I'm saying this because I love Disney and I'm worried about it's future. I want them to succeed. But with everything going on I don't know.
**Remember everything you read here is not confirmed only speculative**

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have to be honest I've been disappointed with the park division at Disney World. And after talking with my few cast member friends. I'm beginning to see why.
Wait -- you were disappointed with WDW, but you didn't know why until you talked to some CMs?

the walls are lined with fire proof material they when fried can be toxic
The word you're searching for is "friable," meaning it crumbles into powder... like asbestos, which would be a nightmare (before Christmas or any other holiday!) if they started renovating the walls (and the walls contained asbestos). It doesn't involve cooking oil (unless they spray used oil on the walls to keep the asbestos from going airborne).

ToTBellHop

I can finally retire now.
1699982752740.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom