Disney World Nutrition facts?

slacker

Original Poster
My 10 year old sister was recently diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes, and we have our next Disney vacation planned for August.
I was wondering if there's anywhere you can get the nutrition facts for Disney restaurants?
If anyone could give us some helpful tips, that would be greatly appreciated!

brkgnews

I don't know of any place online, but I'd suggest contacting guest relations (call the switchboard # listed in my signature for assistance), and explain your situation -- they should be able to get you the info. You can also notify table service restaurants of your special needs and they will absolutely bend over backwards to accomodate you (with advanced notice).

DisneyPhD

If you make any ADR's (reservations), let them know of any special dietary needs and they will mark that on the reservation. Let them know when you check in at the restarant as well. Your server will let the chef know and he/she will come out to discuss what you want to do and what your needs might be. Our daughter had a milk/egg allergy for her first few trips (she has thankfully outgrown it now but we still try to limit her intake) and the staff were really outstanding.

tigsmom

I'm a type 2 and the need for control is not as great, but I rely on my normal eating plan and look for foods that are similar. If you contact the restaurant the chef will try to work something out to stay within her eating plan.

One thing I want to emphasize is to ALWAYS have a snack and drink ready for her as well as a quick glucose source (should have those all the time anyway) because you don't want to have to wait online or try to find a snack if she is having problems with low blood sugar. August will be very hot and you need to watch out for dehydration so have plenty of water on hand. Plan for a/c breaks. By August everyone will be a little more comfortable with dealing with her eating plan and recognizing the signs of hypoglycemia.

Here is a great article from allearsnet about traveling with somebody with type 1 diabetes...Click Here

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom