Disney World Mobile Site Launched - Wait Times, Fastpasses, etc

RSoxNo1

This is how I think the wait times are divided up-

See Now: 0-20min
Moderate: 20-40min
High Demand: 40+min

Not sure though, that's just a guess.

I would guess it's 0-30, 30-60, 60+

Does anyone know when the use fastpass for shows? How crowded does it have to be to have the machines turned on for PhilHarmagic, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, It's Tough to be a Bug, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and Lights, Motors, Action?

hpyhnt 1000

Does anyone know when the use fastpass for shows? How crowded does it have to be to have the machines turned on for PhilHarmagic, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, It's Tough to be a Bug, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and Lights, Motors, Action?

Well, as nice as it is to know the things that are "see now" or "moderate" and what not, theres a rather large discrepancy in wait between 30 minutes and 55 minutes; yet if the scale above is used, both of these would be listed as moderate. I don't know, that wait time info on the mobile site doesn't seem all that helpful to me. :shrug:

jakeman

Just think, there is a far more accurate program that can be yours for $20 a year...:lookaroun

Assuming that the Verizon app displays accurate wait times and Fastpass information, this is probably all Disney is going to offer. And from browsing it just briefly on my iPhone at my desk, it will be moderately helpful.

cindy_k

I just tried it on my WAP browers in my Verison enV. It worked.
What would make this cooler, if you could book restaurant reservations on it.

Looks great! Just tried it on my iphone. It would be great if eventually we could get exact wait times from this site. The app I have for that now is pretty unreliable.

Gosh, I can only hope it loads as fast as their main site does. Over cell, it'll be "lightning fast"! :rolleyes:

:ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Well, as nice as it is to know the things that are "see now" or "moderate" and what not, theres a rather large discrepancy in wait between 30 minutes and 55 minutes; yet if the scale above is used, both of these would be listed as moderate. I don't know, that wait time info on the mobile site doesn't seem all that helpful to me. :shrug:
They just can't list numeric times?!:dazzle:

Doug7856

I think the Fastpass availability is the best feature! It's a good start. I hope Disney moves beyond the Verizon limitations soon. I just gave them up for my iPhone.

Doug7856

According to cnet the deal is "multi-year".

Fellow iPhone owner here. :(

Thanks for posting the article. I just reread it and it is disappointing that Disney has locked itself into a contract with a single mobile provider. I wonder what percentage of mobile subscribers are with Verizon and why Disney would lock out those who signed contracts with another provider?

BenS

Verizon is the largest cell operator in the US.

What confuses me is why they bothered partnering with a carrier at all? They could easily have made apps for all the major smartphone platforms (iPhone/Blackberry/Android/Windows Mobile/Palm/Symbian/etc.) and distributed them on their own. It would probably net more customers, and also mean less revenue to fork over to the carrier.

nuttyskadork

I was at the world in July and LMA only had one FP machine the others were gone (not covered, gone) and it wa s used for the birthday thing only.

RSoxNo1

I was at the world in July and LMA only had one FP machine the others were gone (not covered, gone) and it wa s used for the birthday thing only.

I know on the 4th of July last year they were running them for It's Tough to be a Bug, so it may be that only on really high attendance days.

dreamfinder

Thanks for posting the article. I just reread it and it is disappointing that Disney has locked itself into a contract with a single mobile provider. I wonder what percentage of mobile subscribers are with Verizon and why Disney would lock out those who signed contracts with another provider?

Verizon is the largest cell operator in the US.

What confuses me is why they bothered partnering with a carrier at all? They could easily have made apps for all the major smartphone platforms (iPhone/Blackberry/Android/Windows Mobile/Palm/Symbian/etc.) and distributed them on their own. It would probably net more customers, and also mean less revenue to fork over to the carrier.

Because they just went and added this free for all version. Signing the deal with Verizon got them some sort of sponsorship dollars/promotions in return. If they didn't have a free "lite" version, then there could have been issues. It's no different than offering EMH to resort guests. By staying on property Disney gets more of your money, and you get the perk of the extra hours, but regular park admission is still an option for any guest.

RAXIP

Verizon actually came to Disney with the idea for this system. Verizon also built the softwear that runs the system for Disney in exchange for exclusivity for a limited time. When it's said and done Disney gets this great system to distribute wait times, chracter information and more and it didn't cost them a cent.

EPCOT Explorer

Steve....:D Somehow got the iPhone edition of the forums on my Vu. Posted a few times, but it's very slow, and some of the posts did not go through, even on 3G. Any way to trouble shoot? And should I stop hjacking the thread and just PM you?:lol::eek: Thanks.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Steve....:D Somehow got the iPhone edition of the forums on my Vu. Posted a few times, but it's very slow, and some of the posts did not go through, even on 3G. Any way to trouble shoot? And should I stop hjacking the thread and just PM you?:lol::eek: Thanks.
Get an iPhone... I can post with ease! :D

The Verison deal is annoying for those of us who are not from the U.S. We seemingly won't have access. Given that Disney is rather dependant on foreign visitors, you'd think they'd be more accommodating. Of course, betweem WDWMagic and this Disney site, I'm not going to be missing much.

EDIT: Nevermind, at $9.99 for six months' service, I can do without Verison's app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom