News Disney World is Now Limiting Purchases for New Items

DoleWhipDrea

In terms of the parks, IMHO, a guest's form of identification should be scanned. Back at DLR years ago, if I went to purchase an alcoholic beverage, they would scan a guest's ID, with a strict 2-drink limit. I think something similar for this could work. If a guest comes to visit the parks, they should have an opportunity to purchase something special. These re-sellers have really sucked the fun out of shopping at the parks.

The online bots are a real problem. More stock would help but I can't help but think there must be something that could be done. I'm really frustrated with Besame atm...I keep trying to purchase a set from the limited edition princess releases but they disappear quicker than a boarding group :banghead:

phillip9698

Yes, but if Disney limits the availability by only allowing a limited number to be sold per day and continues to order and restock the item, you would have a better chance of buying it from Disney.

For Disney the upside is that they continue to sell the product to both resellers and normal buyers - thereby increasing their profits. Eventually the resellers will be left with shelves that are stocked with products that buyers can and will buy for less direct from Disney and reseller market will dry up as their profits dwindle…

Disney would have to continue to restock to a point to exhaust the resellers. Which means the elimination of limited release items. The thing is though, the limited release unique items are the things people want most from park merchandise, once you make them just normal items they lose the appeal for a lot of people.

Ponderer

Disney would have to continue to restock to a point to exhaust the resellers. Which means the elimination of limited release items. The thing is though, the limited release unique items are the things people want most from park merchandise, once you make them just normal items they lose the appeal for a lot of people.

And that’s the thing - I don’t think they’ll ever exhaust the resellers. We’ve seen with the new video game consoles and video cards, regular people don’t have a shot at getting anything in short supply. A company shouldn’t have to make infinite amounts of a product just to try and outwit the people gaming the system online and in the real world. It’s more fair to just limit purchases.

OG Runner

I really hate it when people purchase limited items only to sell them at a premium on-line. You can actual catch one of my
rants, back when Galaxy's Edge opened and people were selling Coke bottles, with galactic writing for $20.00. It appears
Disney is actually backing the regular customers, which is amazing. Think about it, why should it matter to Disney at all if
people are selling items online for more. They have sold the products at the pricepoint they wanted to. Once they have
sold the product why should they care what happens next?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s impossible…because they just divide up the purchases. Merely an inconvenience.

And that would all but kill their main Inpark profit center.
I don’t know, limiting items to 2 per guest and forcing a purchaser to scan their AP prior to purchasing to use the discount, thus creating barriers to the oft-unlimited merchandise grabs and making it really incovenient, could force a number of resellers into getting a real job. Win win. 😂 (Wishful thinking, I know)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom