Disney World Explorer banned for LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Interesting thought what would have happened if he was a member of DVC? Would they have dropped him from the timeshare program?

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Define unauthorized tours. Are you saying the average Joe cant lead a group of 5 or more people around the parks?

correct. Supposedly the only reason he got caught is that he and his group were meeting up too close to an actual tour and some lady got confused and started following him and then got confused when he started saying inappropriate things about Disney and complained to a cast member.

Swfewrmco

one does not just jump into a Adam the Woo video.. and expect to get all the humor and mannerisms right away. His day after video was long - but perfectly follow-able for anyone who has watched several of his videos before. He got a few chuckles out of me at points. But it's not NBC sitcom material - one must be accustomed to get a lot of it.
Join me, shall you?

s8film40

Interesting thought what would have happened if he was a member of DVC? Would they have dropped him from the timeshare program?
This complicates the issue quite a bit. Since a person owning a membership has a partial ownership to their home resort they can't be denied access, however they can be trespassed from everywhere except their home resort. If Disney wishes to ban them completely they then go through the process for an eviction and then proceed with the trespass warning. While it's not out of the question Disney usually avoids trespassing DVC members. My guess is had he been a DVC member they probably would have just talked to him explained what potential actions they could take and warned him not to do it again.

Lee

Adventurer
He's basically acting like most of us did as young teens..
If he were a "young teen" I could maybe understand.
He isn't. At all.

I think I'm getting old. "Hipster" folks just....I don't know...annoy me a bit.:rolleyes:
Jim Hill got banned for life for giving unauthorized tours back in 2004 at Disneyland and im fairy certain he has been back to the parks since then
Yes. He's certainly been in the parks many times since 2004.
(I don't think he got a lifetime tresspass at WDW for that incident, though. Just Disneyland.)
Define unauthorized tours. Are you saying the average Joe cant lead a group of 5 or more people around the parks?
Yes. You can't get paid to give a tour of the park to guests.
Unless your name is Mongello. Or you are employed by Disney. Or both.;)

Brazillian tour groups are different. They have a guide to sort of "supervise" (used loosely...) but not to tell Disney park stories and such to the group.

Side note: I went back and read an article in the Ocala paper from when Jim got bounced from Disneyland.
Interesting quotes from Disney spokespeople. Wonder what that says about Lou's little sideline?
hillocala.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
If this were his profession.. then I'd agree with you. But it's a hobby and how to entertain yourself.

And he's anything but 'hipster'
I meant that if he was a "young teen" I could understand getting up to such behavior.
He's old enough to know better than to do what he was doing.

"Hipster" was used for lack of a better term.
Not sure of another one-word way to describe ugly glasses, excess tattoos and a...ugh...tongue piercing.
I'm just gonna leave it at that.

See...I'm getting old...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom