Disney World can Kiss my grits...

drizgirl

I get that and definitely agree it some times can be a tough choice.
I guess my word of caution is that "memories" should never supplant reality, at least in my opinion. I have wonderful memories of my childhood block in NYC but now the block unfortunately degraded and is crime ridden. Do I keep living there, keep my children there based on some wonderful old memories?

So I guess my caution is, remember that we are making memories now, and if you are going to any vacation place and you feel it's ripping you off or that what you are getting is not worth it. sooner or later those old memories get wrapped up in bitterness.
That's the vibe from many here. They are on a disney fan site and some posters have nothing good to say about Disney except how glorious it was back 20 years ago.

It's just me, my vacation time is to valuable to intentionally go somewhere that is not going to make me happy. Some times I do also think people return because it's easy and familiar. I definitely feel that very soon Disney will cost too much for me to justify it. I'm already mentally preparing that I'm winding down. Im retired now and really can't blow money on some place where I'm not assured of having a great time.
PP said he is going less. So are many of those people you are talking about posting here. They probably aren't just not vacationing less. I'm sure they're going other places as well. Pandemic allowing of course.

eliza61nyc

PP said he is going less. So are many of those people you are talking about posting here. They probably aren't just not vacationing less. I'm sure they're going other places as well. Pandemic allowing of course.
lol, I'm two steps from peeling the paint off the walls with my teeth from covid. I leave in 7 days from the world. don't know if I'm excited about going or excited because I'll be on vacation.;)

Happy and safe Trails @drizgirl

drizgirl

lol, I'm two steps from peeling the paint off the walls with my teeth from covid. I leave in 7 days from the world. don't know if I'm excited about going or excited because I'll be on vacation.;)

Happy and safe Trails @drizgirl
Same to you. Have a happy and safe trip! We reached that point this summer. Had some ups and some downs, but so happy to escape these 4 walls for a while.

SteveAZee

I get that and definitely agree it some times can be a tough choice.
I guess my word of caution is that "memories" should never supplant reality, at least in my opinion. I have wonderful memories of my childhood block in NYC but now the block unfortunately degraded and is crime ridden. Do I keep living there, keep my children there based on some wonderful old memories?

So I guess my caution is, remember that we are making memories now, and if you are going to any vacation place and you feel it's ripping you off or that what you are getting is not worth it. sooner or later those old memories get wrapped up in bitterness.
That's the vibe from many here. They are on a disney fan site and some posters have nothing good to say about Disney except how glorious it was back 20 years ago.

It's just me, my vacation time is to valuable to intentionally go somewhere that is not going to make me happy. Some times I do also think people return because it's easy and familiar. I definitely feel that very soon Disney will cost too much for me to justify it. I'm already mentally preparing that I'm winding down. Im retired now and really can't blow money on some place where I'm not assured of having a great time.

Really good points here. As an aside, I have my own issues with the NY neighborhood I grew up in (just north of you, outside White Plains) but at the heart of where I am with Disney... if I can go with my friends and family and set aside the things I don't like and can instead enjoy what's still there with friends and family, I'll go. It's the bonding experience with others in a shared, positive experience that brings me back. As a part of that, if my travel companions don't have a good time (crowds, expense, whatever) then it's less likely we're all making good memories to add to the Disney memory bank. Everyone's got their 'threshold of pain' with what Disney is doing, but it sure seems like people are better off with fond memories that aren't tarnished by going again and having a lousy time.

Fox&Hound

I think there's an intellectual response and there's an emotional response to Disney. Those two things are at odds with the current Disney leadership and current policies. That dissonance is frustrating and angering.
You are very wise and have made some wonderful points. You articulated what I have been thinking for some time but I could not find the words. Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom