News Disney World’s Tigger gets investigated, revealing tough character job at the Most Magical Place on Earth

Comped

Many have better vision and better spatial awareness... or at minimum fingers. Geppetto and the Green Army Men were the best for me in that regard.
The Green Army Men have gotten better vision over the years, especially once they stopped having the mesh over their faces. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who remembers that anymore...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Green Army Men have gotten better vision over the years, especially once they stopped having the mesh over their faces. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who remembers that anymore...

Wow, that’s amazing. Their vision was never bad at all.

DisneyCane

It's an odd one. I see the guest's perspective, but I also know from firsthand experience that the Tigger costume's visibility is horrible.

My rule of thumb was keep my hands high up, so they could be seen. The flipside was that one time a guest accidentally complained about Tigger saluting the third reich. My manager thought it was hilarious, since she was there and saw what I was doing (purposely keeping my hands high up).
I'm surprised that with modern technology for cameras and screens that they don't embed cameras in the costume and have the performer wear VR goggles to see using the cameras instead of the old school trying to see through little slits. With the size of cameras available they could probably even set it up so that there is eye tracking and head position tracking so it would be like the costume was invisible.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm surprised that with modern technology for cameras and screens that they don't embed cameras in the costume and have the performer wear VR goggles to see using the cameras instead of the old school trying to see through little slits. With the size of cameras available they could probably even set it up so that there is eye tracking and head position tracking so it would be like the costume was invisible.
And they'll put the computer on their back.. and the batteries to run it all in their feet. It will be marvelous!

Lilofan

That requires spending $$$

DisneyCane

And they'll put the computer on their back.. and the batteries to run it all in their feet. It will be marvelous!
I'd think it could be done relatively easily with an occulus quest pro and an app. You don't need to strap on a server and a car battery to accomplish this.
That requires spending $$$
That's the fly in the ointment. I wasn't giving proper weight to that issue! I forgot what company I was dealing with for a second.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
I doubt that very much could be stimulating through that costume.
With those gloves on, an an autograph book and a cutting board would feel the same.

The technology is there.

Now cool it so a human can perform it safely without making enough noise to be distracting, and package it so it is both invisible and ergonomic.

And finally, and make it affordable enough to create thousands that are essentially disposable due to the fact that they'll be worn and washed every single day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom