Disney Working on Live-Action Adaption of Winnie the Pooh (NOT A JOKE.)

Very cute movie. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. A family film that has you smiling from ear to ear beginning to end. It's no blockbuster but it is really well done and it feels very classic Disney if that makes sense. One of the better live actions
Agreed. To me, this is one of the better executed of the live action films. It’s not a remake so there’s no need to be tied to any specific story beats, which really freed the filmmakers to create something different.

It’s heartwarming, small in the best way and surprisingly soul-stirring, especially if you grew up, like me, watching The Many Adventures and Welcome to Pooh Corner.

I do wonder how it’s fairing with children. Adults will get a lot more out of this one.

Disneyfanman

Saw it tonight and enjoyed it. Really liked the first and third acts but thought the middle felt forced. No matter. It’s worth seeing if you are a fan of the Disney films. The two best things for me were the character design (they really got that right), and the absolute highlight was the little song performed on the beach at the end. I practically screamed, THATS .......................!!!!!!! It made me so happy to see him!

Fox&Hound

Saw it yesterday! Cute film, but more “wait for home” rather than rush out to see it in the theaters IMHO. Cute character design (esp Pooh, although Tigger’s coloring if off) but we liked it. Agree with another poster, def more for adults than kids. It is not inappropriate but my five year was bored but did belly laugh a few times. As I watched I kept thinking “will kids get into this? Issues of family responsibility and loss of innocence?”...My biggest complaint- odd pacing. The beginning was sooooo slow but then the middle to end was better. Biggest joy- Pooh was adorable....Glad they used Jim Cummings voice 😁

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And this Box Office run is done (it had a lengthy international window)... $117 million globally.

In the end, it lost a few million dollars for the company in its theatrical window. Easy enough for this property to make up in the digital and broadcast windows.

Of the 80 some movies Disney Studios has made in the past 20 years, this movie received the third highest audience score (beat by Remember the Titans and Curse of the Black Pearl).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And this Box Office run is done (it had a lengthy international window)... $117 million globally.

In the end, it lost a few million dollars for the company in its theatrical window. Easy enough for this property to make up in the digital and broadcast windows.

Of the 80 some movies Disney Studios has made in the past 20 years, this movie received the third highest audience score (beat by Remember the Titans and Curse of the Black Pearl).

I really enjoyed it...thought it was well done.

But this is the second shot they took at Winnie with little success.

Like the muppets...this doesn’t seam to be a very viable movie franchise moving forward.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

Funny considering the discussion on the last page, but one of my favorite things about the movie was that they didn't dance around the idea of whether or not Pooh was all in Christopher Robin's head. I feel like that trope of "Is this really happening?" is so overdone, and setting something in a pure fantasy world felt fresh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom