Disney Without Our Kids.

donnylambb

Original Poster
First of all we love to go to Disney World with our family we have been doing every summer for the last 5 years. My sons are 13 and 7 and they are very good travelers. But last month me and my wife snuck away for a 4 night Food and Wine festival get away. We had so much fun ate some very good dinners lounged by the pool at our pace and went to all four parks. We realized how important it was for us to just be alone and found WDW was a very good atmosphere because we love it so much. So all you married folks don't feel guilty to get some alone time its worth it!

geekza

Spending a week in November with just my wife. Not only am I looking forward to having more of a grown-up experience, my wife has never been to WDW and knows very little about it outside of the commercials she's seen on TV and pictures she's seen posted by her friends on social media. It's always fun to introduce people to WDW for the first time.

DisAl

We too take the whole family to WDW. Last trip was this past June.
But we also went for a week for our 35th and 40 anniversaries, and are going in March for our 45th anniversary.
As much fun as it is to take the whole family it is a totally different trip with just the two of us and we LOVE it!

Nottamus

THIS November will be trip #9 as a couple since April 2014. We liked it so much the first few times, that we bought in DVC to go more as a couple!

Two of our married friend couples did the same. (DVC) so we sometimes end up there together...

JIMINYCR

We always went with our DS during his childhood years but after he went off to college and moved out we went as a childless couple. It was defenitely easier on us, less challenging, and we were more relaxed and could do more together. I think there shouldnt be any guilt if you want to spend some time alone together, even if its at WDW. But know that there have been other threads on this subject that people have flamed the posters for leaving their kids behind. Glad it worked out for you and you enjoyed it. Hope you brought back some goodies for the kids and the folks watching them.

donnylambb

Original Poster
We always went with our DS during his childhood years but after he went off to college and moved out we went as a childless couple. It was defenitely easier on us, less challenging, and we were more relaxed and could do more together. I think there shouldnt be any guilt if you want to spend some time alone together, even if its at WDW. But know that there have been other threads on this subject that people have flamed the posters for leaving their kids behind. Glad it worked out for you and you enjoyed it. Hope you brought back some goodies for the kids and the folks watching them.
We did my son loves the goofey sour candies

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom