Disney Wish

peter11435

06-27-2022 the Wish is back at Port Canaveral but not at the Disney cruise terminal. It is on the other side of the canal and at 11:00 EDT they are putting the lifeboats in the water off the port side. It is probably part of their pre paying cruise testing or training but I wonder what they are doing. The lifeboats are just going around in a circle so most likely just launch and recovery trainging.
Update - at 11:15 they are starting to hoist them back up. Interesting operation to watch them launch and recover.
Lifeboat testing like this is a common occurrence. They do it often at Castaway Cay and many ports of call. Virtually every sailing will see them doing lifeboat exercises at some point.

ToTBellHop

Just read the write-up in D23. I’ll admit, I was happy to be on a new ship but wasn’t entirely sold on the concept.

Now I think this sounds incredible.

Maelstrom Troll

looks like the wish on the PC webcam!
769F9CDF-BE2B-4D09-9584-F5D2B42EF1AF.jpeg

DCLcruiser

No bottle smash?

Overall, ok. The songs were nice. Can't wait to actually go on a sailing. It was nice to hear them mention Lighthouse Point, so at least that has not been scrapped due to the pandemic.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I was under the impression that the 'second tropical destination', Lighthouse Point, in the Bahamas was canceled. Especially since Rohde left and that was one of his babies. Unless the destination D'Amaro mentions is something different. Can be heard at 26:24 in the live stream video.

JaxFLBear

I was under the impression that the 'second tropical destination', Lighthouse Point, in the Bahamas was canceled. Especially since Rohde left and that was one of his babies. Unless the destination D'Amaro mentions is something different. Can be heard at 26:24 in the live stream video.
Lighthouse Point was never cancelled.

peter11435

Never cancelled. And Rohde was never too heavily involved. He was mostly brought in to sell the idea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom