Disney Wish

Vipraa

I know. The top deck seems rather paltry. Some of the modifications (big indoor sports room) suggest they eventually want this in Alaska or Europe (cooler temps). This design isn’t a great match for Caribbean cruises.

6 tiny pools and half an Aquaduck? Guess I’ll just look at Tinker Bell on my phone.

Feels like this will be a one-and-done and then we will just stick with Royal Caribbean. More to do at half the price.
The main pool deck is actually very well designed. It has tons of room thanks to the terracing. Its amazing how much better the pool deck is compared to the older ships especially for big events like Pirate night and Sail Away. Mickey, Donald and Goofy Pools are normal 4-5ft deep, Minnie Pool is 2 ft and Daisy, Pluto are 6 inch. AquaMouse takes about 3-4 minutes start to finish. Hero zone is much nicer and more usable then the old sports decks. Quite Cove is very small and always had big crowd (to be fair the adult to child ratio is a little wonky right now) . Chip and Dale Pool at the front of the ship has a 6 inch section a deeper section which is nice compared to satellite falls which was only shallow.

If you go in expecting the old ships your going to be disappointed. The Wish does some things better then the old ships but the older ships have some advantages as well. Its all what you make of it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How many hot tubs does the Wish have? I'm only seeing one outside of concierge (in the adults-only area) on the deck plans posted on disneycruiselineblog.com.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The main pool deck is actually very well designed. It has tons of room thanks to the terracing. Its amazing how much better the pool deck is compared to the older ships especially for big events like Pirate night and Sail Away. Mickey, Donald and Goofy Pools are normal 4-5ft deep, Minnie Pool is 2 ft and Daisy, Pluto are 6 inch. AquaMouse takes about 3-4 minutes start to finish. Hero zone is much nicer and more usable then the old sports decks. Quite Cove is very small and always had big crowd (to be fair the adult to child ratio is a little wonky right now) . Chip and Dale Pool at the front of the ship has a 6 inch section a deeper section which is nice compared to satellite falls which was only shallow.

If you go in expecting the old ships your going to be disappointed. The Wish does some things better then the old ships but the older ships have some advantages as well. Its all what you make of it.

From the POV videos out there, the actual water ride part of Aquamouse is about 40 seconds long. Aquaduck is around 50 seconds. Aquaduck also appears to have more dips and "thrills", plus better views. I guess I'll find out first-hand in just under 3 months.

Vipraa

From the POV videos out there, the actual water ride part of Aquamouse is about 40 seconds long. Aquaduck is around 50 seconds. Aquaduck also appears to have more dips and "thrills", plus better views. I guess I'll find out first-hand in just under 3 months.
Im talking sit down to stand up around 3-4 min. I like them both but AquaMouse a better ride then the AquaDuck for sure. The second half of aqua duck is the slow "lazy river" and pretty forgettable imo. The Load/Unload system is really nice and efficient on AquaMouse and the majority of time is the lift hill. The actual slide is much faster and more thrilling then the AquaDuck. There is a much more cohesive story along the ride. Maybe its me just getting old but not having to get out of the tube in the water makes a big difference as well.

How many hot tubs does the Wish have? I'm only seeing one outside of concierge (in the adults-only area) on the deck plans posted on disneycruiselineblog.com.
That is correct. One Starboard side right next to aft funnel on Deck 13.

Also take everything with a grain of salt. They are still working on the ship and things are changing a lot and constantly. For example the Pirate party I saw was about 2-3x the length of the one on the Christening cruise.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Im talking sit down to stand up around 3-4 min. I like them both but AquaMouse a better ride then the AquaDuck for sure. The second half of aqua duck is the slow "lazy river" and pretty forgettable imo. The Load/Unload system is really nice and efficient on AquaMouse and the majority of time is the lift hill. The actual slide is much faster and more thrilling then the AquaDuck. There is a much more cohesive story along the ride. Maybe its me just getting old but not having to get out of the tube in the water makes a big difference as well.

That is correct. One Starboard side right next to aft funnel on Deck 12.

Also take everything with a grain of salt. They are still working on the ship and things are changing a lot and constantly. For example the Pirate party I saw was about 2-3x the length of the one on the Christening cruise.
Thanks for these details. Much appreciated.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I wouldn't expect them to repeat essentially the same thing they have already done for a 5th time. It is a different class of ships, so it better be different.
Excellent point.
I still think it is a beautiful ship and I am very excited to sail on it next year.
No doubt the atrium is gorgeous, but somehow the colors, lighting and scale of it leave me a bit cold (no pun intended re the dining room). The Dream and the Fantasy are the largest ships I've ever been on, and this looks like the atrium takes up a lot more room on the ship (I know, the Wish is larger than the D&F, so maybe comparatively it's about the same--will make that judgement on board). The chandelier looks fantastic, can't wait to see that in person.
And I am really interested in seeing the next two ships that apparently have their own overall themes rather than princess.
Agree, can't wait to find out their names. Every time I would see the thread on here that had Disney Enchantment in the title, I thought, "oh that must be the name of the next ship"!! 🤣

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
For DCL, those are the only two ships I have ever been on. But I am doing the Magic in December..finally! Then the Wish next year. Am I more excited for the Magic or the Wish? Hmmm...tough question. :hilarious:
I've been on all four of the current ships, and as mentioned, the Magic is my favorite. The O'Gills is much better laid out than the O'Gills on the Fantasy, and Keys is a wonderful, relaxing lounge if you like piano music.

It'll be interesting to go from the smaller ship to the largest ship on consecutive cruises! I'll be interested to hear your reactions. :)

Maelstrom Troll

I know. The top deck seems rather paltry. Some of the modifications (big indoor sports room) suggest they eventually want this in Alaska or Europe (cooler temps). This design isn’t a great match for Caribbean cruises.

6 tiny pools and half an Aquaduck? Guess I’ll just look at Tinker Bell on my phone.

Feels like this will be a one-and-done and then we will just stick with Royal Caribbean. More to do at half the price.
Can a ship this plump make it through the Panama Canal?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Hi gang. I apologize for jacking this thread, but can anyone advise what the gold and platinum castaway club member gifts are? Thanks in advance.
Platinum here—TBH, I don’t recall. My last cruise was Sept 2021 and I gave whatever tote bag it was to a sailing mate in my group. Maybe the sling backpack? And there was the round luggage tag. Next cruise is next month on the Wonder, then Sept on the Wish. Will follow up if anything new or different.

Last edited:

EOD K9

In April

In April, we got an insulated bag to carry ice and bottled drinks. I can post a pic when I get home on Tuesday.
Thanks. I‘m still gold on the Wish at the start of August, getting off the boat and getting on the Fantasy the next day as Platinum. Having said that, if we are getting totes, we don’t need to bring extra. Thanks for everyone’s reply.

Maelstrom Troll

Platinum here—TBH, I don’t recall. My last cruise was Sept 2021 and I gave whatever tote bag it was to a sailing mate in my group. Maybe the sling backpack? And there was the round luggage tag. Next cruise is next month on the Wonder, then Sept on the Wish. Will follow up if anything new or different.
Looking forward to an insulated tote and less sling bags 😀
She can fit in the locks but not a full passage. Best she can do is the Agua Clara Locks into Gatun lake and then turn around. She is a little too tall to fit under the Bridge of the Americas. Magic and Wonder are the only 2 that can complete a full passage.
I thought this was the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom