Disney Wish broken down in Nassau-

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
1682960634887.png

Back in Port Canaveral. Note the Service barge/ship moored to the Wish.

SplashJacket

That's pretty bad. When we missed Ketchikan last summer we got something like $350.
I agree. Personally, $100 on-board credit makes me think that Disney looks at Wish cruisers as sheep to be fleeced.
Different circumstances.

Docking in Castaway is effectively 'free' for DCL, whereas a stop in Alaska or Europe has exorbitant port fees by comparison (which gets factored into your cruise fare).

Obviously, Castaway is 100% worth more than $100, but regardless, hugely different circumstances. Definitely sucks though.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Different circumstances.

Docking in Castaway is effectively 'free' for DCL, whereas a stop in Alaska or Europe has exorbitant port fees by comparison (which gets factored into your cruise fare).

Obviously, Castaway is 100% worth more than $100, but regardless, hugely different circumstances. Definitely sucks though.
Absolutely different circumstances, no doubt. But personally, if I were on a cruise and there were mechanical issues that prevented me from visiting the one port of call I actually wanted (I’m so over Nassau at this point, I actively avoid cruises with it as a port of call whenever possible), $100 of use-it-or-lose-it on-board credit (I’m presuming, and I’d also guess it had to be spent in 24 hours or less) isn’t close to what it would take to make me satisfied, let alone happy. And there would need to be some level of refund for the lost CC day at a minimum.

SplashJacket

Absolutely different circumstances, no doubt. But personally, if I were on a cruise and there were mechanical issues that prevented me from visiting the one port of call I actually wanted (I’m so over Nassau at this point, I actively avoid cruises with it as a port of call whenever possible), $100 of use-it-or-lose-it on-board credit (I’m presuming, and I’d also guess it had to be spent in 24 hours or less) isn’t close to what it would take to make me satisfied, let alone happy. And there would need to be some level of refund for the lost CC day at a minimum.
The 20% off a future cruise more than makes up for it, in my opinion.

People are largely paying the Wish surcharge to experience the Wish itself. Obviously not ideal, but provides a lot more possible monetary benefit than you could reasonably expect.

Just at a glance, for 5-people, the cheapest cruise would cost $7,888 in a Verandah for 7-days, soaring as high as $16,745 for an Alaskan cruise.

So a possible range of $1,558-$3,349 dollars saved on a future cruise.

Obviously, this is worse-case scenario as 5-person rooms soar in price (cheapest inside for 4 people is $4,709 and verandah is $5,325),

But regardless, if you book a 7-day, you’re easily looking at $1000 in savings for 4-people, which I think everyone would argue is better than reasonable or realistic.

I think the 20% off was definitely the appropriate response. Ultimately people went on the cruise wanting to experience Castaway, and 20% off lowers the barrier for that experience in the future.

Then again, I do understand that my position (someone who would definitely take another cruise within the allotted time-frame) differs from someone who wouldn’t. That said I don’t think, as a whole, what they offered was unreasonable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom