Disney Wish broken down in Nassau-

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
Saw this online, it apparently had an issue last night and has been sitting in port all day... and is still there as of 11:00pm local time. The Nassau Port webcam is fun to watch as they're doing the pirate stuff and playing music-

1682823562834.png

Looking at the limited data I get for free from marine traffic-

1682823611693.png

The first drop from the high is at ~3:30a local time, the spike to zero knots is ~6:00a local time. Looks like it made it into Nassau around 11:00a local time this morning.

How often does this happen? My friends mentioned last year that the Wonder had issues a few trips after they took an Alaskan cruise.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I have no knowledge of the actual situation, but right now I’d say it’s highly unlikely. They certainly have many hours to remedy whatever is going on and still make it there on time but I have doubts.
Yeah it’s not looking good. I wonder if they’d still go if a half day was possible.

SplashJacket

Makes me curious what the guests assign to the value of a missed day at Castaway???
I’ve been on cruises where we’ve missed Castaway before. Sucks. Castaway is always a highlight. I’ve only missed it on a 7-night cruise, but missing it on a 3-night would be especially disappointing (especially at Wish prices).

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
Interesting. I'd argue it has to do with the demographics and subject matter.

Alaska- Sightseeing, natural beauty trip
Caribbean- Tropical weather, beach trip
CA/MX- Booze cruise

DisAl

I agree. Personally, $100 on-board credit makes me think that Disney looks at Wish cruisers as sheep to be fleeced.
Disney looks at EVERYBODY as sheep to be fleeced, whether on a cruise or at the parks.
Anybody know what happened to cause the delay?

peter11435

That's pretty bad. When we missed Ketchikan last summer we got something like $350.
They don’t give credits simply due to missed ports unless it was as a result of something within their control. They will refund taxes and port fees but that is separate. Castaway Cay is missed often and would have likely been missed yesterday due to weather anyway. The credit was because of the mechanical issue and being stuck in Nassau.

CaptainAmerica

They don’t give credits simply due to missed ports unless it was as a result of something within their control. They will refund taxes and port fees but that is separate. Castaway Cay is missed often and would have likely been missed yesterday due to weather anyway. The credit was because of the mechanical issue and being stuck in Nassau.
We got the $350 credit because an ice chunk drifted in and damaged a propeller. It wasn't their fault.

jme

Per stateroom credits never cease to amaze me. It should be per person - it makes the credit lopsided to those travelling in parties of 1-2 vs a family of 5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom