Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

FigmentPigments

So my proof of time is 1:38 which should easily put me in Corral A with my Clif Bar Pace Leader of 1:40.

But I am in Corral B. (1:46- 1:55)

Who will I speak with at the Expo, and what is the success rate? Already have my proof printed....what else do I need?

Please help- I am devastated.
I completely understand. My proof of time was 2:43 which should mean I'm in H, but they have me in Corral I for a finish time of <2:50. It seems like they always do this though. I've run a number of Disney races and I'm always one corral back from where I should be. Meaning I have to run around the slower runners/walkers. My most memorable time was when I did The Tower of Terror 10 miler. I'm weaving in and out of people, who were obviously not in the same pace class I was running. It is hazardous not only for me to weave in and out, but for the other runners as well. I don't understand the Disney corral placing most of the time. I will heading to runner relations as well.

I don't know the success rate, but I have seen some people with obvious stickers over their original corral placement so apparently changes can be made (although I don't know the exact reason for the changes). Here's hoping.

surfsupdon

I completely understand. My proof of time was 2:43 which should mean I'm in H, but they have me in Corral I for a finish time of <2:50. It seems like they always do this though. I've run a number of Disney races and I'm always one corral back from where I should be. Meaning I have to run around the slower runners/walkers. My most memorable time was when I did The Tower of Terror 10 miler. I'm weaving in and out of people, who were obviously not in the same pace class I was running. It is hazardous not only for me to weave in and out, but for the other runners as well. I don't understand the Disney corral placing most of the time. I will heading to runner relations as well.

I don't know the success rate, but I have seen some people with obvious stickers over their original corral placement so apparently changes can be made (although I don't know the exact reason for the changes). Here's hoping.
I have heard Corral placement horror stories. But I never had one happen with me.

I have never been NOT in Corral A....so here is hoping I can get into the Corral I belong in with the proof and smile I will be bringing.

Texas84

The corral times are just a guide. Sometimes they adjust for numbers. Curious to hear if runner relations will help. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

wardpr68

Another question! On the event guide it says your party ticket is supposed to be mailed to you... I have not received anything yet. I live in Canada and things like magic bands are never mailed, we just pick them up when we get there at check in. The only thing that worries me is that my guest who purchased just a party ticket (not running) got their ticket months ago. Any ideas? Thank you!

Texas84

Another question! On the event guide it says your party ticket is supposed to be mailed to you... I have not received anything yet. I live in Canada and things like magic bands are never mailed, we just pick them up when we get there at check in. The only thing that worries me is that my guest who purchased just a party ticket (not running) got their ticket months ago. Any ideas? Thank you!

I'm in the US and haven't received it.

Mark P.

My wife, who was my fiancee at the time that we registered for W&D, just printed her waiver and realized that her maiden name is still listed. Is she in for a bad time when she tried to pick up her bib next weekend? What are the chances she can contact someone to get this changed, and what's the best way to get that done?

dreamfinder

My wife, who was my fiancee at the time that we registered for W&D, just printed her waiver and realized that her maiden name is still listed. Is she in for a bad time when she tried to pick up her bib next weekend? What are the chances she can contact someone to get this changed, and what's the best way to get that done?

Does she still have old ID floating around? That, or a copy of your marriage certificate w/current ID should solve any problems. Think we went through the same thing with my DW and she just brought old ID with her. The volunteer doing check in won't care all that much I don't think, especially when you explain it to them.

Rundisneyprincess27

This is my first time doing Wine and Dine, so I'm not used to the logistics of a different start and finish area...Is there transportation for spectators from the start to the finish or do they have to JUST go to the finish line!? I tried to find this answer in the event guide for my spectator but I figured I would get a better answer from everyone here :)

Texas84

This is my first time doing Wine and Dine, so I'm not used to the logistics of a different start and finish area...Is there transportation for spectators from the start to the finish or do they have to JUST go to the finish line!? I tried to find this answer in the event guide for my spectator but I figured I would get a better answer from everyone here :)

In the past races they would bus spectators to the finish.

Edit: Here it is from the web site,

3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Host Resort and Parking shuttles run to Start Line at ESPN Wide World of Sports **(Parking Shuttle from Start to Finish line will continue to run for Spectators after 5:00 a.m.)

kevlightyear

Anybody run their 14miler on Sunday, Galloway training style?
I did. I am glad it's over.
I'm training for Dopey in January, so I'm following that plan. I'm supposed to run 20 miles the day of the Wine and Dine half, so I'm going to have to adjust the plan a bit. Although, I'll probably get close to walking the extra 7 miles throughout the rest of the day in the parks. My 17 mile run the other week was rough!

Figment82

It is almost time crew.

Anybody run their 14miler on Sunday, Galloway training style?

I did. I am glad it's over.

I do a sorta modified Galloway/Higdon/"What I've found to work best for me" plan so I only did 11, but I too am glad it's behind me. I have a 4-miler planned for this weekend and then it's go time!

The weather last weekend here in central FL was absolute perfection! I got a late start and wasn't out the door until almost 8:30, and the temperature still felt great when I finished. Hoping it makes a repeat visit for race weekend.

And I also received my digital gift card via email a couple days ago. I like this way so much more than being given a physical card. I recently found one from two years ago while cleaning that still had its full amount. This way, I won't have to remember to keep the card with me!

surfsupdon

I do a sorta modified Galloway/Higdon/"What I've found to work best for me" plan so I only did 11, but I too am glad it's behind me. I have a 4-miler planned for this weekend and then it's go time!

The weather last weekend here in central FL was absolute perfection! I got a late start and wasn't out the door until almost 8:30, and the temperature still felt great when I finished. Hoping it makes a repeat visit for race weekend.

And I also received my digital gift card via email a couple days ago. I like this way so much more than being given a physical card. I recently found one from two years ago while cleaning that still had its full amount. This way, I won't have to remember to keep the card with me!
I still have not gotten an email. I get the email telling me one was coming this week....but not the actual giftcard email. And yes, I have been checking spam/junk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom