Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Figment82

In their place, we get Bear Pond Road. Ehhhhh.

Bear Island Road ;)

I actually don't hate the course. World Drive is a mess around the Studios, so I can imagine that factored into the decision to leave that park out completely. I'm just thankful they omitted the DAK parking lot. The only thing I hate more is Osceola Parkway, but I've come to peace with it as being a necessity for any race on that side of property. Once you get past the treatment plant, Bear Island is quite pleasant. And nicely shaded, which will be great for slowpokes like me!

thumper

So my proof of time is 1:38 which should easily put me in Corral A with my Clif Bar Pace Leader of 1:40.

But I am in Corral B. (1:46- 1:55)

Who will I speak with at the Expo, and what is the success rate? Already have my proof printed....what else do I need?

Please help- I am devastated.

I'm sorry - I know how you feel as I'm absolutely upset with my corral placement (I'm running with a team of 110 for charity and there are members who didn't even submit POT or are walking and placed in higher corrals than me). I just called the runDisney/TrackShack events number and left a voicemail message as I'd love to understand my POT submission/corral placement.

surfsupdon

I'm sorry - I know how you feel as I'm absolutely upset with my corral placement (I'm running with a team of 110 for charity and there are members who didn't even submit POT or are walking and placed in higher corrals than me). I just called the runDisney/TrackShack events number and left a voicemail message as I'd love to understand my POT submission/corral placement.
Gross. Let's keep in touch and inform the other what we find out. Good luck.

kevlightyear

Not crazy about the half course either. They could have at least let us run around World Showcase. World Drive is so boring! But, on the bright side.....last year's half of a half meant I didn't get to run through AK at all. This year will make up for that. The 10K course looks like fun to me, too.

Corral D here, and appropriately so.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So I'm going to assume the corral placement for my Challenge bib number will be the same for both the 10K and the half? I know people who ran the Dark Side challenge and had different corral placements for each race. Oh, well, at least I'm not in the last corral, lol.

We get to run by the waste treatment plant? What a thrill.

I see the new online guide is not capable of being printed in its entirety, so I guess I will just have to use my phone to look at it during race weekend. :/

Has anyone received their post race party card yet?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm doing the 10k, I can print my waiver which shows my bib number but no corral letter????? help

You will get your corral assignment when you pick up your bib at the Expo - the corral letter will be in the upper right corner on your bib. They only give the corral placements for the challenge and the half prior to the Expo.

Texas84

So my proof of time is 1:38 which should easily put me in Corral A with my Clif Bar Pace Leader of 1:40.

But I am in Corral B. (1:46- 1:55)

Who will I speak with at the Expo, and what is the success rate? Already have my proof printed....what else do I need?

Please help- I am devastated.

Take your proof to the runner's relations booth and be polite.

Could be worse. They could have lost your time and put you in the back. It's happened to me and a bunch of my friends.

Texas84

So I'm going to assume the corral placement for my Challenge bib number will be the same for both the 10K and the half?

No, there are fewer corrals for the 10K. I'm in D for the challenge so I will probably start the 10K in A or B. I was in A for the Dark Side 10K.

WDWFanDave

So I'm going to assume the corral placement for my Challenge bib number will be the same for both the 10K and the half? I know people who ran the Dark Side challenge and had different corral placements for each race. Oh, well, at least I'm not in the last corral, lol.

We get to run by the waste treatment plant? What a thrill.

I see the new online guide is not capable of being printed in its entirety, so I guess I will just have to use my phone to look at it during race weekend. :/

Has anyone received their post race party card yet?

But if you were in the last one, you could say HI to me :)

Seriously, though, I knew I'd be back there, this is all very new for me.

I have only received the post race tickets I purchased separately for my wife & daughter.

psherman42

I'm not entirely thrilled with the new half course..but I am looking forward to the 10k..at least it's a lot of Epcot.

My sister and I will be back in corral G. :D I'm looking forward to the weekend but I've been working a lot this summer so I wasn't able to train as much as I was for Dumbo last year so I just want to finish. And then reward myself with one drink at food and wine for every mile I ran. ;):joyfull: loljk I'd die for sure.

wardpr68

Question for you all. How did you get your corral assignment? Or bib number? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get an email or what... thank you for any help!

kevlightyear

Question for you all. How did you get your corral assignment? Or bib number? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get an email or what... thank you for any help!
The bib number is found on your waiver. Use the link that @Texas84 posted above. Then for the half and the challenge you can use the Corral charts to locate your corral based on your bib number. @Texas84 posted those links as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom