Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
November 4 - 5, 2016
- On sale March 15, 2016 at noon ET.

November 6 - 7, 2015

Last edited:

Texas84

Trying to decide if I want to bother changing for the after party. Anyone have any experience from last year?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We've been both ways on this....we heard horror stories about the bag check from last year, but Disney has also promised to have made improvements for this year.

anc33

It was such a cluster last year so by the time I actually got my bag I didn't feel like wasting any more time changing. The bag check experiences at the other races, even the Everest race, were much more pleasant. I am hoping it is much better this year as it was decidedly unpleasant to hang out in sweaty, nasty clothes at the after party.

tink65

I am really torn about the after party. I know it's included with my regisitration fee, but is it worth the cost of tickets for DD & DH?

yelena's aunt

The after party last year, as many have pointed out, was a nightmare. I found that having dropped my bag at the truck early seemed to make it easier for me to retrieve at baggage claim. Also, this year will have more food/beverage kiosks which last year took 30-45 minutes to get anything from each kiosk.

Value for the cost of a ticket for spectators? Don't know but I am very excited for Soarin' and the other rides open this year that weren't last (spectators can get in the park as early as 10:30). Don't forget the $10 Disney gift card instead of free sip/taste coupons we had last year.

I brought dry clothes and baby wipes to clean up and get more comfortable post-run and was very glad I did. While I didn't change completely, I was able to get out of some wet pieces that would have chaffed something fierce and wipe some of the sweaty grime off.

Looking forward to this year's run and the changes they have made.

Phonedave

Last year was horrible. They could not find my bag and I ended up borderline hypothermic after walking around drenched all night. (They did find my bag in the end)

This year I will have someone hold my bag instead.

We are going to the party again. They also stated that they now have expanded the bag pick up and changing areas.

-dave

Last edited:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We're excited here...I'll be running the Warrior Dash between now and then, so I have one more race to get done before we go, so I'll have my race fix before we go once more :)

Phonedave

We're excited here...I'll be running the Warrior Dash between now and then, so I have one more race to get done before we go, so I'll have my race fix before we go once more :)

I have the Dumont 5K next weekend, so I'll have another race as well.

Got to build up those qualifying points :)

-dave

AUPr8Hd

I am officially excited now. I had lost my job in July and it was looking pretty bleak for me on W&D. Well, I got a 2nd job offer today :sohappy:

Training has been minimal. So, I'm going to take it easy on the run and try to enjoy the after party :)

Now to see about working in Marathon weekend to the race schedule :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom