Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Banzai

What a freaking disaster Started the process at the exact time and DW still didn't get in due to do many problems with the system. I guess I'll be deferring to 2016

Last edited:

Banzai

We kept having problems during the payment part. We were both working it from two computers. She got her 5K to take and I only got my half to take. Well...we can still have a nice Christmas trip later.

Sumrdog

I have read about multiple problems on the Run Disney FB page as well. So sorry for you @Banzai that's really disappointing.

I have a theory that the more populated area you live in the worse the servers handle the registration process. I have never had a problem registering for any Run Disney event, I got into the Star Wars no problem and just now I went on right at 10am when the Wine and Dine opened here in the mountain time zone. I was able to register myself for the half, go back in and register my sister for the half and then go right back in again and register myself for the 5k. I was done with all 3 before 10:15. I only waited in a line for 4 minutes right at the 10am opening and I had no issues after that. I have to think its because the web traffic is pretty light out here in the middle of nowhere...What else could it be?

So I got in and for the first time I have a running buddy!

Banzai

I have read about multiple problems on the Run Disney FB page as well. So sorry for you @Banzai that's really disappointing.

I only waited in a line for 4 minutes right at the 10am opening and I had no issues after that. I have to think its because the web traffic is pretty light out here in the middle of nowhere...What else could it be?

So I got in and for the first time I have a running buddy!
Glad it worked well for you! Congrats. DW was trying from Sacramento and I was trying from very rural northern WI. It was during the payment phase that we kept getting error messages. I even tried different cards.. C'est La Vie.

Sumrdog

Glad it worked well for you! Congrats. DW was trying from Sacramento and I was trying from very rural northern WI. It was during the payment phase that we kept getting error messages. I even tried different cards.. C'est La Vie.
Well there goes that theory...

Disney Dawg88

Sold out. Wow.

I've been running in Disney races since 2006, and other than the 2015 WDW Half, I can't remember an event selling out so quickly. In the past I've signed up for Disney events almost up until a month or two prior, but I guess that I'll need to plan on making sure I sign up when registration opens from now on if I want a bib.

I'm lucky that I was able to get in for this, even with having to wait for 20 minutes before being able to access the site. I really feel bad for the people that weren't able to sign up because of IT issues. This is my fist W&D and definitely looking forward to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom