Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

myke895

after loading for 40 minutes I finally got through. Unfortunately by the time I checked out the 10K was already sold out. Any idea from previous events of when they open up more spots?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I can not believe how quickly everything filled. I thought we were past the days of absolutely needing to be on your computer at launch time. So I guess this means we’ll see a full-fledged villains race weekend or a re-theme of W&D next year?

So sorry you weren’t able to get the 5K and 10K @LAKid53. rD’s registration technology is nothing short of frustrating.

I registered for the Challenge last week during AP registration. But the system balked and froze on paying for the 5K. By the time I could sign in, it was sold out.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They used to sell out in minutes. Even tougher to get than a Rise boarding group. Glad you got the challenge.

In the 6 years I've been doing runDisney races, I've never not been able to register for races I want. If I end up waiting, it's usually for no more than 5-10 minutes. This was unusual. Registration was open before 10AM, like 10 minutes before. But, as the French say, "c'est la vie". I did send an email to runDisney letting them know of the difficulties several were having getting in and completing registration. They really need to find out why it's a problem every time.

Figment82

I registered for the Challenge last week during AP registration. But the system balked and froze on paying for the 5K. By the time I could sign in, it was sold out.
Oh that’s right, I forgot you said you registered for the challenge. Well, at least you’ll get an extra morning to sleep in. 😕

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
OMG i got through registration - forgot to choose my shirt size and COULDN'T GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that is a field you can change in your runDisney account if you go in and click edit registration. [Edit - just checked my registrations and can confirm that you can still modify your shirt selection in your account online post-registration]

Last edited:

surfsupdon

The theme still feels like a fail to me (although I like Villains). Last year’s race weekend overlapped with Halloween and Halloween Parties yet was 4th of July patriotic themed, instead of villains.
This year the race weekend overlaps with the rollout of Christmas decor and its theme is Villains!!

LAKid53

Premium Member
The theme still feels like a fail to me (although I like Villains). Last year’s race weekend overlapped with Halloween and Halloween Parties yet was 4th of July patriotic themed, instead of villains.
This year the race weekend overlaps with the rollout of Christmas decor and its theme is Villains!!

Wonder if 5K will then go back to the holiday theme of a few years ago.

WDW_Emily

Weirdest registration I've ever had with rD. Here is how it went play by play.

I teach 5th grade so I knew going into this I had to provide my students with mostly independent work so I could focus at 10am. My Special Ed support teacher was in the room, knew what I was doing and was ready to take on any kid who tried to distract me. At 9:45am I told the other teacher that I was going to run to the restroom before registration started. On my way, I get a text from my friend saying the site is open. I decided my bladder could wait and hurried back to my room to click the link.

10am hits and I get a weird feeling about this link opening before registration. I decide to keep my original chrome tab open but also open a tab on my phone and a tab through Microsoft Edge. My heart is racing as the clock is ticking.

10:09am Microsoft Edge (the 3rd tab I opened) is having me sign in. Success! I quickly register myself and my boyfriend for the 5k and 10k. Accidently ordering my boyfriend a women's medium shirt in the process. But we are in! My other tabs are still a spinning wheel of death.

10:20am I get a text from my friend frantic. She got to the payment page and it wouldn't let her sign up. She is freaking out. I inform her it may be sold out but I will try too. I do the same process again, chrome, edge, and safari (phone). She exits out and reenters the queue. She gets in a second time before me. The same thing happens. I get in a couple of minutes later and oddly enough it worked! We got to the payment page I submitted and she was in for the 10k. Wicked weird though that it wouldn't work from her laptop but worked from mine?!?

I'm glad we all got in. I feel bad for those who didn't. This system is wacky. I do think Disney hasn't released all the bibs yet though. I have run Princess races that sold out the first day but this was a new level of crazy for a race registration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom