Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My heart dropped when I saw "changes and enhancements to WineDine." Especially after I already registered.

If my memory is correct, there was one year this race (or maybe a Tower race) was on the calendar a year in advance, and then moved a few months prior....and so many of us had our rooms or flight booked.

The enhancements look small. Earlier entry to Epcot is nice, but never forget when races with an after party ALSO included a 1 day 1 park ticket as well.

8PM. Wasn't that early entry time the past 2 years?

HiJe

Just curious, anyone know why they aren't having a virtual race for the Wine and Dine like they did for the Star Wars run?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just curious, anyone know why they aren't having a virtual race for the Wine and Dine like they did for the Star Wars run?

Because the Virtual Half for SW was most likely done to pacify those runners - like me - who had planned on doing the Kessel in 2018 before runDisney put the Anaheim races on hiatus. Runners had already registered for the Dark Side at WDW by the time the announcement was made. Along with runners from 2017 Light Side who'd registered via the email invite a few weeks after the race.

joncx

Have never done a runDisney event before and saw that tickets went on sale today, but when went to sign-up saw that the 5k was sold-out despite what it said on the front site.

Is there any likelihood additional tickets might be made available?

From some searching online inquired from a few travel companies but would prefer to just buy the ticket if possible. No big deal, but just wondering what has happened in past years.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Have never done a runDisney event before and saw that tickets went on sale today, but when went to sign-up saw that the 5k was sold-out despite what it said on the front site.

Is there any likelihood additional tickets might be made available?

From some searching online inquired from a few travel companies but would prefer to just buy the ticket if possible. No big deal, but just wondering what has happened in past years.

I've never seen the 5k open back up after the initial sell out. The number of bibs are set in advance. The only way it would reopen is if one of the charities/travel providers returned bibs. To register for a race via a charity or travel provider, runDisney now requires a minimum 2 night stay at a Disney resort and a 2 day park ticket....this is in addition to the race registration fee. I believe the ticket requirement can be waived for annual passholders.

Rapunzel287

You guys, I've been trying to purchase tickets for the Wine & Dine Post-Race Party but after selecting the number of tickets all I can see is Stitch telling me "Someone ate the page" 🤨.
I've tried it again and again since registration started on Tuesday and even though I like Stitch a lot I'm getting pretty irritated by the sight of him right now 😉.

Do you know if the party tickets for family, friends, 10k- & 5k-participants are held back and sold on a later date?
My guess is they're maybe waiting until they have a rough idea of the number of participants for the 1/2 Marathon & Challenge 🤔.

Does anyone have an idea how long it might take if these tickets are held back at the moment?
Or did you guys already get your tickets and I'm just doing something wrong?
(Not asking those who participate in the 1/2 marathon & challenge of course 😉.)

Thanks in advance

LAKid53

Premium Member
You guys, I've been trying to purchase tickets for the Wine & Dine Post-Race Party but after selecting the number of tickets all I can see is Stitch telling me "Someone ate the page" 🤨.
I've tried it again and again since registration started on Tuesday and even though I like Stitch a lot I'm getting pretty irritated by the sight of him right now 😉.

Do you know if the party tickets for family, friends, 10k- & 5k-participants are held back and sold on a later date?
My guess is they're maybe waiting until they have a rough idea of the number of participants for the 1/2 Marathon & Challenge 🤔.

Does anyone have an idea how long it might take if these tickets are held back at the moment?
Or did you guys already get your tickets and I'm just doing something wrong?
(Not asking those who participate in the 1/2 marathon & challenge of course 😉.)

Thanks in advance

The tickets aren't held back. I was able to get to the point where I provide my credit card info. There was probably some type of glitch in the page....that's what happens when Stitch eats your page. Disney's funny way of saying, "oops, the page isn't working 'cause our tech is bad". 😉

surfsupdon

Try a new browser.

Not that the past predicts the future, but you have always been able to buy after party tickets at the Expo, meaning they had not run out.

Rapunzel287

Thank you for your advice @LAKid53 & @surfsupdon .
I've tried it with different browsers and different devices - no luck.

(Side note: Bought tickets for MNSSHP just a couple of days ago and no issues Stitch there.)

But at least I was able to order the tickets over the phone ☺.
Unfortunately, I've seen your reply just right after my phone call @surfsupdon , but it's nevertheless good to know.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thank you for your advice @LAKid53 & @surfsupdon .
I've tried it with different browsers and different devices - no luck.

(Side note: Bought tickets for MNSSHP just a couple of days ago and no issues Stitch there.)

But at least I was able to order the tickets over the phone ☺.
Unfortunately, I've seen your reply just right after my phone call @surfsupdon , but it's nevertheless good to know.

That's just really weird. Glad you got the extra tickets. It's a fun time - many of the W&D kiosks are open, select rides are operating, lots of music, CMs having fun. Hopefully it won't rain like last year. 🤞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom