When you land on the ticket purchase page, a banner at the top encourages you to check the availability calendar first. Since tickets are date-based, I assume you'll get another popup if one or more parks are unavailable on the selected date.
Not trying to get tickets as we are passholders, but when trying to book a resort I get Goofy and a message stating
“Sorry, packages aren’t available
At this time we have temporarily stopped sales of tickets and Disney Resort Hotel rooms for arrivals in 2020, so that we can focus on guests who already hold tickets and reservations. Thank you for your understanding.”
Feel free to move this post as I wasn't sure where to post it.
Just a question for those people who have recently traveled to WDW by plane, how has flying been with restrictions in place? I know every state is different, I am planning on flying in from the New England area in August. Debating on canceling it as I don't want to be stuck in my house for two weeks upon return. But how are any of these restrictions being enforced? Any insight from people who have traveled recently or are traveling to WDW in the next couple weeks.
We just made our Christmas week reservations at CBR. Tickets are capped at 7 days, which fortunately was all we needed. We were then able to go right in and make park reservations for the week. Dining reservations are still only 60 days out.
We just pushed our July reservation back 4 weeks. Passholder rates are back (!) so we booked a better room and also grabbed a TP view for our new dates (which w hadn't been able to get with our July dates)...and saved $270/night over the rack rate we were paying for our July reservation.
I saw an AP rate of $798 for a 2 bedroom TPV at Bay Lake for our original dates in July, rack was just over $1300....
I was able to easily and quickly cancel and rebook online this morning.
I sat in the chat que for an hour as we have a 10-day DVC trip planned for Thanksgiving, and one of the people coming does not have an AP... The CM confirmed Disney is only selling up to 7-day tickets at this time.
That went much smoother than the initial park reservation rush! Oddly enough, going through the website only gave me the option to upgrade the existing tickets to a 9 day pass.
But after calling the ticket line, I was able to swap out the park hopper on the existing tickets as credit for an extra two days in the park. Getting through on the phone took no time at all. I was able to immediately schedule the park reservations for the two new days and now everything is all set!
Now the waiting and ever building anticipation begins...