News Disney will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World

Parker in NYC

I agree, but it should just be done all at once then. I think this frustrates guests more than removing/keeping the policy altogether. Consider you are planning a WDW vacation because they still require masks indoors and then you encounter this. The argument goes both ways when they contradict themselves this badly.
Anyone who doesn't see this as a fluid situation hasn't been paying attention. I don't feel any sympathy for people expecting anything to stay as it is through even tomorrow. If people planned their trips expecting mask requirements to remain the same, that's on them.

ToTBellHop

It’s a special type of Karen who would complain about having the option to eat at a table instead of walking around looking for one for an hour (which, of course, she would also whine about). So people will manage, I’m sure.

But, reminder, all that changed here was distancing. And they literally say on the website that they will gradually lower distancing, so what’s the problem? The mask being off while eating has been in line with CDC guidelines since Ancient Rome.

Disney Glimpses

Anyone who doesn't see this as a fluid situation hasn't been paying attention. I don't feel any sympathy for people expecting anything to stay as it is through even tomorrow. If people planned their trips expecting mask requirements to remain the same, that's on them.

It’s a special type of Karen who would complain about having the option to eat at a table instead of walking around looking for one for an hour (which, of course, she would also whine about). So people will manage, I’m sure.

But, reminder, all that changed here was distancing. And they literally say on the website that they will gradually lower distancing, so what’s the problem? The mask being off while eating has been in line with CDC guidelines since Ancient Rome.
True and true. It is a fluid situation and it is a reasonable accommodation so people can eat. My point is, requiring masks only in stores/attractions but not anywhere else (in my opinion) does little to nothing to protect people from COVID-19 over the duration of their trip.

But as @MansionButler84 alluded to, the masks are probably not long from coming off altogether.

Parker in NYC

True and true. It is a fluid situation and it is a reasonable accommodation so people can eat. My point is, requiring masks only in stores/attractions but not anywhere else (in my opinion) does little to nothing to protect people from COVID-19 over the duration of their trip.

But as @MansionButler84 alluded to, the masks are probably not long from coming off altogether.
That's why it's really easy to roll up some masks and bring 'em along. It's a win-win situation. Unless people are afraid that the masks are taking up precious sock space in their suitcase, of course.

Cue those who only wear sandals/flip flops/or go barefoot.

correcaminos

Transportation could fall under rules that other parts of the resort may not. We shall see how they adapt.
We were on a monorail with no dividers. As a group of 4 I am happy.

Boats still have end seats not allowing people to sit there, but no more 4 parties only on the small boats.

Every day now we're seeing some changes. We leave tonight though

WL arcade opened this afternoon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree, but it should just be done all at once then. I think this frustrates guests more than removing/keeping the policy altogether. Consider you are planning a WDW vacation because they still require masks indoors and then you encounter this. The argument goes both ways when they contradict themselves this badly.

I made the observation in another thread that it's the reverse "boiling-the-frog" idea, reduce mitigation a little at a time makes it harder for someone to raise a fuss that Disney is dropping all mitigation at once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom