News Disney will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World

Chomama

Good. Anyone who wants a vaccine at this point is able to get one. There is no need to have any restrictions.
Kids going today! We leave for wdw on the 27th. I am a rule follower but we will be wearing loose masks in this heat. I’m zero concerned about them getting Covid outside at Disney two weeks after the first shot. Zero

sullyinMT

If Universal is any indication, 3 ft is basically slightly more than a normal line. Depending on who is standing in queue behind you, at least. The markers don't even matter anymore because two people take up more than 3 ft. Some are back to their normal "bump into you they're so close."
In my current state of personal comfort, if someone repeatedly bumped in to me or my family I might say something. No need to rush back to normal. I especially don't need people trying to share my stair tread in a water park line!:banghead:

This is awesome news, though! The butterfly effect will be felt throughout park operations.

CaptainAmerica

Good. Anyone who wants a vaccine at this point is able to get one. There is no need to have any restrictions.
Patience.

Everyone was eligible to get the vaccine on April 19.

Some states still had long scheduling delays, so add two weeks. Mental "first dose" deadline May 3.

Doses are spaced 3-4 weeks apart. Mental "second dose" deadline May 31.

"Full vaccination" is two weeks after second dose. Mental "final" deadline June 14.

At that point, my patience for anyone still advocating for restrictions will be zero.

twebber55

Patience.

Some states still had long scheduling delays, so add two weeks. Mental "first dose" deadline May 3.

"Full vaccination" is two weeks after second dose. Mental "final" deadline June 14.

At that point, my patience for anyone still advocating for restrictions will be zero.
could not agree more with you

sullyinMT

Patience.

All of this. It's ok to be excited, but throttled. I might start your timeline from today or tomorrow to account for 12-15, especially considering the family demographic at WDW. Even then, first dose deadline May 21, second June 18, July 1 final. If cases continue plummeting nationally, I'm willing to be swayed to your timeline, though.

ImperfectPixie

Patience.

Correction: Everyone 16 and over.

Still awaiting approval (expected today) for 12-15 year olds.

Then there's the younger age groups.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
It is wonderful news of moving to 3ft which can definitely be the first step towards even lesser restrictions and then no restrictions at all. My question though is what about those people who refuse to be vaccinated?

sullyinMT

Correction: Everyone 16 and over.

Still awaiting approval (expected today) for 12-15 year olds.

Then there's the younger age groups.
I'm really hopeful the straggling adults and 12-15 group will bring our cases down nationally to a point where WDW is operating as close to normal as staffing will allow by mid-late summer. I'm as irritated as anyone at our slow vaccine rate, but they're ready to make meaningful money again (especially with the 50th) and complete these construction projects as soon as reasonably possible. This is coming as a dad to an 11 year old, who won't be eligible until mid-fall at the earliest - or May '22 when he's 12.

ImperfectPixie

I'm really hopeful the straggling adults and 12-15 group will bring our cases down nationally to a point where WDW is operating as close to normal as staffing will allow. I'm as irritated as anyone at our slow vaccine rate, but they're ready to make meaningful money again and complete these construction projects as soon as reasonably possible. This is coming as a dad to an 11 year old, who won't be eligible until mid-fall at the earliest - or May '22 when he's 12.
We're right there with you. I'll pull our oldest from school to get his first dose over the next few days, then I'll do the same when his 10-year-old brother is eligible.

CJR

Here's hoping that guests who couldn't handle six feet can handle three.

Anyone else have someone right behind them in queues? Each time, I look at them like "Really?" Happens more than it should. Luckily, I'm fully vaccinated now, so it's not the deal it was. Still, point is, for some people, distancing seems more like guidelines than actual rules.

JohnD

On the one hand, about time. OTOH, great people invading my space (these were my thoughts about some people behind me in line before the pandemic anyway).

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No

Anyone else have some right behind them in queues? Each time, I look at them like "Really?" Happens more than it should. Luckily, I'm fully vaccinated now, so it's not the deal it was. Still, point is, for some people, distancing seems more like guidelines than actual rules.
I will be getting my 2nd jab tomorrow and certainly looking forward to it.

JohnD

Anyone else have some right behind them in queues? Each time, I look at them like "Really?" Happens more than it should. Luckily, I'm fully vaccinated now, so it's not the deal it was. Still, point is, for some people, distancing seems more like guidelines than actual rules.

On my trip in March, I had to tell some people to step back. It's not like they're going to miss the ride. Some people had a tendency to do this before the pandemic anyway. It was like, "Would you mind? I don't need you breathing on me."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom