News Disney will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World

spaldingclan

Plastics are generally unrecyclable, despite what we’ve all been taught. The process of melting it down weakens the material to the point where it’s future uses are narrow at best, and there is about 10x more plastic submitted for recycling each year than there is a market for recycled plastic.

So any aftermarket would need to be reuse rather than recycling
Yeah I watched a thing about recycled plastics…most of it generally can only be recycled once for this very reason

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Plastics are generally unrecyclable, despite what we’ve all been taught. The process of melting it down weakens the material to the point where it’s future uses are narrow at best, and there is about 10x more plastic submitted for recycling each year than there is a market for recycled plastic.

Figured they will probably store it for any future pandemics. Hopefully not in our lifetimes.

DisneyCane

Yeah I watched a thing about recycled plastics…most of it generally can only be recycled once for this very reason

They can be made into things like parking lot stoppers, benches, reusable bags, etc. Recycling them into new packaging or consumer goods is pretty much a non-starter.

A long time ago Penn & Teller did a show on recycling in their BS series. The conclusion was that it made a lot of sense to recycle metal but not really anything else. Recycling metal is MUCH less energy intensive than mining ore and turning it into new metal.

gerarar

Premium Member
Something that would be interesting to document is the “permanent” damage done to queue barricades and ride vehicles from the plexiglass since majority of it were just screwed and bolted right into it.

ToTBellHop

Plexi has been removed on the ride vehicles.

Gone as of today.

1623770573154.gif

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Something that would be interesting to document is the “permanent” damage done to queue barricades and ride vehicles from the plexiglass since majority of it were just screwed and bolted right into it.
They used a lot of zip ties and I think consideration was given to removal. But you are right, some of the queue dividers specifically were semi-permanent installs.

gerarar

Premium Member
They used a lot of zip ties and I think consideration was given to removal. But you are right, some of the queue dividers specifically were semi-permanent installs.
Rise’s RV plexiglass dividers were screwed right into the vehicle, so I imagine there are holes present now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom