Disney wedding photographers?

rufio

Original Poster
For those of you who have had your wedding at Disney, how were the pictures? I know that the pictures taken by the photopass photographers aren't always the best. Are the photographers assigned to weddings better quality? Does anyone have any examples? Thanks!

TomHendricks

We loved our photographer, she was amazing.
051974-0703.jpg

051974-0283.jpg

For those of you who have had your wedding at Disney, how were the pictures? I know that the pictures taken by the photopass photographers aren't always the best. Are the photographers assigned to weddings better quality? Does anyone have any examples? Thanks!

rufio

Original Poster
We loved our photographer, she was amazing.
051974-0703.jpg

051974-0283.jpg

Thanks! If you don't mind my asking, how much does it cost to have the private session in the park? Do you know if you get the same photographer regardless of the package you buy? For example, we're doing the escape package.

TomHendricks

I'm sorry, don't remember the price right now. I'll ask my wife when she gets home. You get to choose from the photographers regardless of your package. You look at different photographers work when you have your consultation. You can ask for a specific photographer if someone catches your eye. However if they are already assigned to someone, you could luck out. Our photographer was actually assigned to a Wedding already, but she was not specifically asked for. So they just replaced her with someone else and we got her for our wedding. Hope that answers the second part of the question.

fryedm

We had Ty Boyce as our wedding photographer, he was awesome. We are mad at ourselves for not paying the extra money for the session at the castle. It was $1000 for the session, that was just the session and not the images. They are not always the same photographer as your wedding but it is possible.

I think that my wife Sara and I are going to start offering disney destination wedding photography. Ever since we booked our own wedding in disney, we couldn't wait to photograph a disney wedding.

PenelopePeach

There is a difference between Disney Photopass Photographers vs. Disney Fine Art Photography, the latter being what is used for DFTW. Technically, they are professional photographers, but unfortunately, you don't get to choose which photographer you get. You can only make a request and hope that it is fulfilled. If you're not having an in-park wedding, you can use an outside photographer (i.e. the Root's, the Arndt's, Randy Chapman, etc), however it won't count toward your minimum expenditure. HTH!

PenelopePeach

We had Ty Boyce as our wedding photographer, he was awesome. We are mad at ourselves for not paying the extra money for the session at the castle. It was $1000 for the session, that was just the session and not the images. They are not always the same photographer as your wedding but it is possible.

I think that my wife Sara and I are going to start offering disney destination wedding photography. Ever since we booked our own wedding in disney, we couldn't wait to photograph a disney wedding.

You can book the Castle shoot up to 12 months after your wedding date, so if you got married recently and are planning to go back soon, it could still be an option for you. :)

Sweet Melissa

Vitani, have you looked at the Disney Event Photography website yet? If you click the Galleries tab, you can see lots of photos from all kinds of wedding-related events. Click the Photographers tab to see each photographer's portfolio. (For what it's worth, when we were looking at doing a DFTW wedding, we liked Amy and Regina's work the most. I think Regina has moved on since then, though.) You can request certain photographers, but Disney Event Photography has final say in who they assign you. I know some people who got their top picks and others who were assigned the one photographer they didn't want. As always, your mileage may vary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom