Disney Weather

Bess

Original Poster
My family and I will be going to Disney this Sunday(8/10) for a week. We are just concerned about the weather. Has anyone just returned from Disney and can let me know what to expect? Has the sun shone yet? Should we postpone the trip a few weeks or so? Any replies would be helpful. Thanks much!!:(

civileng68

Account Suspended
howdy

First off, Welcome to the boards! :sohappy:

Secondly, about the weather, coming from a Floridian, let me say, do not be disappointed by the weather, also do not be misguided.

In most parts of the nation, when they show rain, it means many dreary days.

Granted some days are dreary but mostly in this part of the world, rain is a daily occurance this time of year. It will rain every single day. YOu will not miss a day, well sometimes you will, but it's rare.

Don't worry about the rain, go and have fun. You will not get rained out. It is EXTREMELY rare for two or more dreary days in a row. Generally when it rains, it comes and goes.

I know the weather shows rain, but if you check, nearly every day in the summer does show the same thing.

DisneyJill

I was there last week and the weather was pretty typical for Florida in July...Usually hot and sunny all morning till around 2 or 3 and then a big storm blows in and it rains for an hour or two and then it gets sunny again. We did have one night where it rained for about 3 hours, but it wasn't a big deal. Grab some rain poncho's or umbrella's and have a great time.

Bess

Original Poster
Florida Weather

thanks for the helpful hints. I live in NYC and we have been without sun for quite a while now, so we are hopeful that Florida will at least have some sunshine for us even if it does rain! Thanks again!

mej

Don't automatically rush to leave the parks when the rain starts (those trams offer no shelter anyway - and our car is ALWAYS at the farthest end of the row!) wait it out - if it is a prolonged storm, you can well be rewarded by shorter waits!

DisneyPhD

Ok I was wondering the same thing, and I am getting concerned. we leave in less then a week and it seems everytime I look at the weather channel there is rain all over FLA.

I have never been in summer. I am fully prepared for a little rain every day in the afternoon, (45 min to an hour) but it sure seems yucky lately. Is this just a passing front, or should we expect it all the time.

I am getting really concerned. :lookaroun

jcraycraft

Originally posted by DisneyPhD

I am getting really concerned. :lookaroun

DisneyPhD:

I know that feeling. Last year we spent 13 days, mid-June in the Orlando area (8 at WDW and 5 at USF:lookaroun) and spent most of that time in rain ponchos. We could not even keep our shoes dried (even with two pair ea).... But we still had a great vacation. Was worried about this years trip..July 27 - Aug 2nd. It rained two or three times but we never had to break out the ponchos:sohappy: … I consider this to be great weather during the summer time in central FL. We were lucky with the timing of our meals during the rains. Also, I don’t know if you have little ones with you, but the heat can be over bearing for them and the rains cool things down a little. I hope you have wonderful weather!!!

jeffs10

Its going to rain for sure but dont worry it seems always to pass.

What I did instead of getting ponchos is i went to walmart and got some good rain jackets the keep you drier and more comfortible.

jeff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom