Disney water??

kasey1988

Original Poster
We are taking brita filtered water bottles with us on our next trip to save a little bit of money.. just wondering if there are places throught out the parks that you can go up to and they will fill it with ice water for free? or is there even a need to bring them? im kinda picky about the taste of my water.. even when brushing my teeth or showering back at the on site resort... hows disneys water???

jmvd20

To me the water at WDW has a weird taste, not bad, just different from what I am used to at home. I still drink it though, especially on the really hot days - no weird taste then. Just refreshing :slurp:

ToTBellHop

I've never had the folks at the counter service locations refuse to give me ice water in the summer...but they will not take you water bottle and fill it. They will give you a cup of ice water to fill your bottle with--it's against policy for them to touch water bottles. You might find it easier to ask for a cup of ice and then just fill up the water bottle at a drinking fountain and add the ice.

shoppingnut

Most of the water fountains at disney, the water is more on the warm side and does taste a bit funny. I generally just buy a bottle of water.

MissM

Fair warning. Florida water tastes horrific. It's highly chlorinated and often smells of sulpher. I don't know anyone who doesn't have a filtration system of some sort in their home around here.
-m

Jekyll Baker

It's all in what you're used to. SE Georgia down to central Florida share many of the same aquifers, so the taste of the water in that large area is pretty much the same. Our water is fairly hard with a higher iron and sulphur content. And having grown up and lived in this area for 37 years, I'm used to it - to me, it tastes no different than bottled water. People from other areas of the country will and do disagree (I hear it quite often from guests of the hotel I work at).

Slosh

It really does depend where you're from: Chicago water is usually pretty good, but during the summer it gets a funny taste- something about spawning zebra mussels :hurl:
At that point, I'd much rather have the heavily chlorinated orlando water.

ToTBellHop

Slosh said:
It really does depend where you're from: Chicago water is usually pretty good, but during the summer it gets a funny taste- something about spawning zebra mussels :hurl:
At that point, I'd much rather have the heavily chlorinated orlando water.
Mmmm...zebra mussel gametes...spawning season has actually been known to change the color of ponds...you can probably guess what the change is.

HoW

I grew up in Florida, between Tampa and Orlando, and never semed to mind the water. But then again, I grew up on it. My fiancee grew up in Mass. and has heard horror stories about the water in Florida, so she takes bottled water with her whenever we go down. So, to answer your question, if you are picky about your water intake/etc, err on the side of caution and definitely bring your own water with you.

askmike1

I live in NY, but I don't notice any difference with WDW Water (at least the water that comes out of the fountains). They almost always seem cold & refreshing on any day.

PamelaNiebergal

I'm pretty pickey about water and I don't mind the stuff from the restaurents. I don't know if the ice or the straw makes it taste better but I usually find the fountain water to be pretty disgusting in comparison. They're always really good about giving out ice water if you ask for it at any food service location.

BRER STITCH

For a great cover-up, try these:

94509CL.gif

Single serve tubes of Crystal Light drink mix that you just por into your water bottle and fill it with cold water. Instant Lemonade and Iced Tea flavors are all pretty good! I really like the Raspberry Iced Tea ones, and they are sugar free!

I've also tried the ones from Target and they are very good too, but at a lower price!

ENJOY!

:slurp:

Mimi

My advice: Stay away from the bubblers, sorry: drinking fountains, no matter how thirsty you get! It is difficult to ignore the foul taste even when you are on the verge of dehydration.

MinnieMommy

I say use your filtered bottles or buy bottled water there. Tap water from anywhere is very acidic and not god for you. Our doctor recently told us of a study where traces of Prozac were found in everyone in a test group. Because other peoples sewage runs into the rivers/water supply and can't be filtered out! :hurl: Plus the chemicals in tap water - yikes! We are taking our own water. They also make a straw that is a filter or there is a product called Microhydron that you can put in water to alkalize it! Not to sick anyone out, but it is worth the extra to buy bottled water or use your Brita bottles!

hokielutz

BRER STITCH said:
For a great cover-up, try these:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/Images/ocpimages/43000/94509CL.gif

Single serve tubes of Crystal Light drink mix that you just por into your water bottle and fill it with cold water. Instant Lemonade and Iced Tea flavors are all pretty good! I really like the Raspberry Iced Tea ones, and they are sugar free!

I've also tried the ones from Target and they are very good too, but at a lower price!

This is a tried and true option too... Low calorie, but extremely tasty and refreshing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom