Disney Wants Game Developers to Take Their (Licensed) IPs and Run with Them

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

erasure fan1

So much for Disney "needing" to buy a game developer
If you search back in this sub forum, I've been saying this is what Disney needs to do for a long time. This all sounds great, but I don't trust Disney to let studios do what they do best and not interfere. I just hope they don't let EA anywhere near another Disney IP.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
If you search back in this sub forum, I've been saying this is what Disney needs to do for a long time. This all sounds great, but I don't trust Disney to let studios do what they do best and not interfere. I just hope they don't let EA anywhere near another Disney IP.

The downside to Disney buying a developer is that if the game doesnt live up to expectations, they shut the developer down. If they outsource the IPs, theres no worry with that.

erasure fan1

The downside to Disney buying a developer is that if the game doesnt live up to expectations, they shut the developer down. If they outsource the IPs, theres no worry with that.
I agree. I don't think Disney should EVER buy a studio or create a studio for that matter. They do not have the mentality to be successful. Outsourcing their IPs is what the article is about. That is what I've been saying they should do for a long time. I just don't think Disney can help themselves and not get involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom