Disney Vs Expedia

I know Expedia and Disney have an agreement to sell vacation packages but why is expedia cheaper than Disney packages? I was looking for some prices for late September and Expedia had a package that was 200+ cheaper than booking through Disney. What is the difference of booking one vs the other?

Mary Ellen

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first or the last time, but as I understand it Expedia or other travel services buy blocks from Disney and that is why they have rooms that Disney does not.

Upvote 0

bandman

I don't think that it is the updating because I have gone all the way through where it checks availability and gives you a final price, etc. The buying blocks of rooms thing makes sense though. But, my advice to anyone who tries to book thru Disney and the only availability left at your favorite resort is the sometimes too pricey Concierge or Deluxe room category is to check Expedia. They might have what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Expedia buy X blocks of rooms from Disney at X price. Then Expedia marks them up (Metro Orlando/WDW is a $19.99 market for most wholesalers... I remember a meeting, and they were telling us that some markets go as low as a $7.99 markup), usually in the $20 range.

ex- WDW sells Expedia/Hotels.com/Travelocity the room for $40, the website turns around and resells them the room for $60.

That's the secret....

however, there's a catch. Room types and preferences cannot be guaranteed. They'll send the preference to the hotel, but they cannot guarantee the room type.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom