Disney Visa

celticdog

shari71 said:
They give me the points each month regardless if I pay it off early or spread it out. Now what they won't do is give you points for balance left over from the month before, which is fair.

I agree. I also believe, according to the fine print in my information, is you earn points based upon how much you puchase each month not the amount of your payment or balance. For example: if you spend $400, you get 4 points.

DisneyPhD

missypie said:
I've got $631 right now and our trip isn't until next May. There is an annual limit of $750 per year, but that is for regular $, not bonus. I hope to pay for most of our meals with the rewards.

Do you know if there is a limit on the amount of bonus points you can get a year. I know there is 100 a month, but I don't know if there is limit over the year. In July we hit our 100 bonus, (all the home depot bills were on it for our addtion to the home) and we should of in Aug too, but I didn't see the exta points on the Sept statment (the bonus points are posted the next month.) Is the limit 100 extra points total? If that is true that stinks! (we are at 450 right now!)

Budahman

for some reason, im feeling more confused on the card benefits and how the points work now after reading all these posts than i did before. we use our card for everything.....i mean everything. now could that be bad.?? am i possibly not getting all the points i thought i was.? we have yet to ask for the reward card yet and its been closing on 6 mths or more with our card. how can i find out my balance and points i currently have.???

thanks...

tigsmom

Go to the website listed on your statement. Register and set up your account. Then all you have to do is log in and you can pay your bill, check on your Reward Dollars, etc. They also list all the "specials" that are running and if you want they will even email you 10 days before your bill is due to let you know. :wave:

PurpleDragon

Whats the APR on those cards? I have been seriously considering transferring the balance from one of my other credit cards, to a Disney Visa. I just have never looked at the interest rate. Anyone got a ballpark figure?

Moonshadow1

tigsmom said:
If that were true I'd have more reward dollars...and I'm always early with my payment. But I didn't pay off my vacation right away & I only got a portion of the dollars I was eligable for......

points earned from a vacation are not posted until after you check in.

DisneyPhD

dreamteacher said:
How can you get a card without you applying online?

Check out different deals for joining. I have seen many different instentives. We just got a losey pin for joining. (and member since day one and DVC member direclty on the card.) I have seen 25 points and $40 off a Disney Direct order for joining. Sometimes it is just a free picture frame. You can get the $40 off right now on DisneyDirect.com

The best I ever saw was a referal one where you can get 50 Visa points for joining if a member refers you. I did this for some friends. However the orgignal member gets nothing. How fair is that? :lol: I don't know if they are doing that anymore.

tigsmom

Moonshadow1 said:
We vacationed in July...didn't get the points until the entire trip was paid off.

We usually don't get all the extra $$ because we don't usually go over the required amount. I'll just take what they give and the kids use them in WDW. :wave:

bhg469

Moonshadow1 said:

all of my points posted about a month after putting the trip on my card. so the points were available to me months before we even left for the trip.

celticdog

bhg469 said:
all of my points posted about a month after putting the trip on my card. so the points were available to me months before we even left for the trip.

Same here. All of my points have been posted the month following the original charge. I have not noticed any delay.

celticdog

tigsmom said:
We vacationed in July...didn't get the points until the entire trip was paid off.

We usually don't get all the extra $$ because we don't usually go over the required amount. I'll just take what they give and the kids use them in WDW. :wave:

You should check with Visa, because I don't have a minimum to charge in order to get the Disney Dollars. As long as i charge at least $100 I get at least $1 Disney dollar. the original plan that given to me is: For every $100 increment you earn $1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom