Disney Visa

KimPossible

Original Poster
I didnt know where else to post this, so im sorry if its out of place.

Anyway, i have my new Disney Rewards Visa Card and was wondering what i can get? How do i use it? For example, How many points do i need for a park ticket? and can i buy an annual pass??

Any help would be great. Thanks!!!!!!!

wannab@dis

It would be best if you register with the Disney Visa site. You can get all the information you need at their site. http://www.bankone.com/disney

The rewards are 1 reward point per $100 spent and will be added at the billing date. You will need to order a rewards card and transfer your points to the card. You can then use the card at the Disney resorts and stores.

TTATraveler

You get 1% for every $100, so you will get 1 reward dollar for every $100 spent. The reward dollars have a $1 value. If you want to use your reward dollars for a ticket and ticket is $50, you'll need 50 reward dollars. Once you are ready to use your reward dollars you have to have them ransferred onto a reward dollars card. I believe they have to be transfered over in increments of 20 initially and 10 thereafter.

tigsmom

Please remember you may earn the reward dollars as you spend your money, but they will not be awarded to you until you pay off your balance. So if you spend $500 and only pay off $200 you will only get 2 Reward Dollars not 5.

Register for the site & create an account. There are specials posted all the time. I was able to cash in $242 dollars for our trip to WDW last July. You use your Rewards Card just like a debit card. Hold onto it because its re loadable. You will be charged for a new one.

:wave:

Stitch's Cousin

Disney/VISA varies the offers from time to time. Right now, you earn double points if you charge more than a certain $ amount during the billing cycle in certain select categories. Check the website posted by wannab@dis above for more details

celticdog

tigsmom said:
Please remember you may earn the reward dollars as you spend your money, but they will not be awarded to you until you pay off your balance. So if you spend $500 and only pay off $200 you will only get 2 Reward Dollars not 5.

That's not completely true. You may want to look into that. I have not had any reward dollars withheld just because i had a outstanding balance. I have been awarded all the points as i earned them and i recently transferred $220 to a reward card. As long as you keep up with payments and are not late with any payments, there will be no restrictions placed upon your account.

wannab@dis

tigsmom said:
:wave:
I'm not sure this is true, unless it has something to do with a late payment. If you pay the minimum bill, your earned points are awarded. If you have a late payment, the points earned will not be applied until the next billing cycle after the late payment is made.

I've had several large purchases and didn't pay off the amount the next month and still earned my points.

EDIT: just noticed that CelticDog beat me to it... :)

tigsmom

If that were true I'd have more reward dollars...and I'm always early with my payment. But I didn't pay off my vacation right away & I only got a portion of the dollars I was eligable for......

wannab@dis

I wonder if there are multiple versions of the card? Even though they all look the same, maybe they have Gold and Platinum versions.

I receive my points whether I pay it off or not... no question about it.

tigsmom

wannab@dis said:
I wonder if there are multiple versions of the card? Even though they all look the same, maybe they have Gold and Platinum versions.

I receive my points whether I pay it off or not... no question about it.

Gee thats a good question. I have no idea if there are multiple versions. *shrugs*

I've had it "since day 1" and use it constantly. I'm going to have to check my account again.

Edit: The site says that it has enhanced Platinum features...whatever that means. I've got 39 Reward Dollars toward my next trip! :sohappy:

bhg469

KimPossible said:
k so i thinkim getting it but how do i earn double points and triple points??

i have double points on everything i buy but that just for this year. i didnt use my card becaue i have a 10,000 limit on my other card and a much better % rate on it. well anyway the double points were given to me to use the card more. and i get points wether i pay it or not. they usually take a month to go through though.

WDWScottieBoy

I have it and love the card. If you want an annual pass, you need to spend about 40,000 to get it. (1 point for every $100) I've got about 150-200 points now and I'm saving them for an annual pass. So, I'm getting an AP just for using my credit card. Plus, if you buy something from TDS, WDW, or something directly from the company, you earn double points for that. Remember, your points do have an expiration date on them too, but it's like 5 years or something.

WDWScottieBoy

I bought 4 park hopper tickets at TDS and got double points on that.

Also, I just looked at the back of my card and it says that I'm a Visa Platinum cardmember also. Not sure if all the cards have that or not.

wannab@dis

NSCMC said:
Do you get extra points for buying from the Disney catalog? Actually Disney Store online?
All bonus points are based on whatever promotion they have running. I'm not really sure if they have anything running right now or not. If they do, it is tied to Disney purchases. Therefore, you really don't get a lot of bonus points.

As ScottieBoy pointed out above, he got 4 Park hoppers... depending on what he got, he spent about $1000. He would get 10 bonus points. I've got about 250 points right now, and maybe 5 are bonus points.

missypie

I've got $631 right now and our trip isn't until next May. There is an annual limit of $750 per year, but that is for regular $, not bonus. I hope to pay for most of our meals with the rewards.

shari71

I have had mine for three months now. It is a platinum. They give me the points each month regardless if I pay it off early or spread it out. Now what they won't do is give you points for balance left over from the month before, which is fair.

WDWScottieBoy

wannab@dis said:
As ScottieBoy pointed out above, he got 4 Park hoppers... depending on what he got, he spent about $1000. He would get 10 bonus points.

Actually, as I stated earlier, you get double points for Disney purchases. My tickets cost about $800 total I beleive and instead of 8 points, I got 16.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom