Disney Visa & Early Promotions

fngoofy

Hello,
We are well experienced WDW travelers, but while we have taken advantage of promotions, we have never done the early access to promotions that are afforded to Disney Visa holders.

Looking at the historical discounts listed on mouse savers, I am thinking of taking advantage of the early access to an upcoming promotion now that I have a Disney Visa, but am unsure how to do that. Do I have to call and speak to someone, how will I know if the promotion has started?

If there is anyone who could give some insight on the process and any other specifics I don't even know about I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
fngoofy

belledream

You should get an email a couple days/week before the deal is released to the general public. Either that, or I'm sure this site will be made aware of the release! You have to call - it can't be done online. They will confirm that you are a Disney Visa cardholder and you have book your package specifically with your Disney Visa.

Upvote 0

BrianV

We never get an email and only tend to discover that there is a promotion after it is available to everyone. Is there a way to get on my disney visa email list?

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

We never get an email and only tend to discover that there is a promotion after it is available to everyone. Is there a way to get on my disney visa email list?

It's usually posted by someone here well before I receive the email. Come to think of it - I'm pretty sure I get an email from Mousesavers before I get one from Disney Visa.

Upvote 0

belledream

I can't remember if I specifically signed up for emails/communications from Chase or Disney, or if they just come. You can try logging into the Chase website or calling to opt in to emails/communications or whatnot. But @NYwdwfan is probably right - sign up for Mousesaver newsletters or keep an eye on the boards. Emails can be slow, sporadic, or lost in spam.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

Original Poster
I guess my question is, how do you make the reservation? Do you call in, can you do it online? How do they know you have the Disney Visa and what channel do you go through to book?
Thanks,
fngoofy

Upvote 0

belledream

I guess my question is, how do you make the reservation? Do you call in, can you do it online? How do they know you have the Disney Visa and what channel do you go through to book?
Thanks,
fngoofy
You have to call. The number will be provided on the email or the site that passes along the deal. It cannot be done online. Once the deal is released to the public, THEN you can do it online. But to take advantage of early booking, it has to done via phone.
You should have you Disney Visa with you because you need to use it to pay, unless you've memorized the numbers of course.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

I've never received emails/notifications in regards to vacation promotions since becoming a card member in 2006.

I tend to lurk http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93 for rumors of upcoming promotions... Especially if I'm interested in Free Dinning.

In most cases, I find 'out' through this site or others on the day of release. The Disney Visa booking window is 'usually' a 5 day headstart over General Public... so I still consider it an advantage booking a day or two into the Disney Visa window.

You'll then call: 1-800-257-2024 and run through the usual steps. Your trip's deposit will need to be paid using your Disney Visa.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom