Disney Visa Card

Misscmac

Hey Everyone...

I was wondering when I should call Disney Visa Cardmember services to order my Rewards Card? About how long to they take to arrive?

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area..I'm kinda new at this :wave: )

SpongeScott

I would do it a month before you plan to take your trip. I think they ask for two weeks to get it transferred, but mine didn't take that long.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I'm with Scott, call about a month before. Mine came within 10 days, but it can take longer. After you have a valid card you can transfer them points using their website. :wave:

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

I'll agree with the other answers. I've gotten two Rewards Cards. My first one expired at the end of '05, so I got a new one. Both times, it came within two calendar weeks, but might as well ask for it a little early, just in case.

Just remember to use all the points before the card expires. Don't make any big transfers onto the Rewards Card right before the expiration date. My understanding is that the point will not carry over to the new card. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

ChuckElias said:
I'll agree with the other answers. I've gotten two Rewards Cards. My first one expired at the end of '05, so I got a new one. Both times, it came within two calendar weeks, but might as well ask for it a little early, just in case.

Just remember to use all the points before the card expires. Don't make any big transfers onto the Rewards Card right before the expiration date. My understanding is that the point will not carry over to the new card. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

Points cannot be carried over nor can they be returned to the bank for later use. We just empty our points right before a vacation and use them to eat and shop until its all gone. :lol:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Since we are chatting about Reward points and all....

Can anyone tell me how much real money you have to spend to earn 1 Reward dollar? I was hunting around on the Visa site and I couldn't find it. I have somewhere in the vicinity of 30 Reward dollars and I was just curious as to how much real money I had spent so far. Thanks.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

tiggerific418 said:

Can anyone tell me how much real money you have to spend to earn 1 Reward dollar? I was hunting around on the Visa site and I couldn't find it. I have somewhere in the vicinity of 30 Reward dollars and I was just curious as to how much real money I had spent so far. Thanks.

this is a question that i posed to the visa folks and this was their response - you get 1 point for every $100 you spend during the billing period. for instance, if you spend $50 in january and then another $50 in february, you won't get any points. you would have to spend the whole $100 in january to get a point for it. not the best for "reaping the rewards".

tracy

Upvote 0

tink81

tiggerific418 said:

Well, it depends if you got any reward dollars as a bonus for signing up. I got 25 reward dollars when I signed up for my card , then for every $100 you spen, you get 1 reward dollar. So if you got the bonus dollars say 25 when you signed up for the card and you now have 30, you would have spent (or charged) $500 (5 X $100). Keep a eye on when they have double rewards you can accumulate double points when you use your card for certian things like groceries, gas or disney trips!!!

Upvote 0

wired

tiggerific418 said:

Hmm, if I remember right it is like 1% of purchases. With a max of 750 points. They do have specials where you can get more points per dollar spent. Let put it this way, you are not going to pay for a vacation with it. The AMEX deal was so much better.

wired

Upvote 0

tink81

I like to use my card for big purchases that I can pay off right away. Like when Ibought my new living room furniture- I bought it with my Disney card, got like 11 reward dollars for it and then paid it off right away with my tax refund. I also use it when I travel for work, then I pay it off with my reimbursement check. It takes a while to save up those reward dollars, but you can use them all over the parks for food, souveniers, etc.

Upvote 0

pacochran

I agree about ordering it in advance. But if between the time you order it and you leave for disney and you get more the 10 reward $ you can transfer it to the card on line. We did that last year, about two days before the trip we go some additional reward $ so I went on line and it actual transfered immediately.

We also do the big purchase and pay off so that we can get the points. I even pay some bills (Utility & this year that was big), then I just pay down right away so I at least get the points.

Regards,

Phil

Upvote 0

foldmama

I have been using the Disney Reward card for over three years now. It's true, it's only 1% of purchases (which I know is not great), but it does add up over time. To be honest, this is the first card that I have actually cashed in the reward points on a card that I have acquired and I have use the points twice. I just call and switch over the points to the reward card and each year, I usually end up with a free night in a moderate hotel.

Definitely call about a month in advance for the card! Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thanks. I didnt get any kind of bonus when I signed up so i guess that means that with my 30 Reward dollars it means i've spent $3,000:eek: to get them. I do try to catch the specials for double Rewards and such. I'm hoping to be able to earn a few more points before my trip in August. I put the $200 deposit for the trip on the card and then I have to pay off the rest of the balance with the card because of the Free Dining Promo. That should be good for a few more Rewards.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

Misscmac said:
Hey Everyone...

I was wondering when I should call Disney Visa Cardmember services to order my Rewards Card? About how long to they take to arrive?

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area..I'm kinda new at this :wave: )

They say to allow 2-4 weeks. I would notify them at about a month before you leave.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

tracyandalex said:
this is a question that i posed to the visa folks and this was their response - you get 1 point for every $100 you spend during the billing period. for instance, if you spend $50 in january and then another $50 in february, you won't get any points. you would have to spend the whole $100 in january to get a point for it. not the best for "reaping the rewards".

tracy

When did it change to billing period? It was always one reward dollar/$100.Thats the way we have always earned them. There are times you can earn more during special promotions.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

i think i spoke with them in the fall of last year. i asked why i hadn't earned any rewards and she told me because i wasn't spending at least $100 per billing period. and now that i have been watching that i have been earning lots more rewards. i didn't remember seeing anything about a billing period either, but that's what the slightly rude lady told me

tracy

Upvote 0

tigsmom

tracyandalex said:
i think i spoke with them in the fall of last year. i asked why i hadn't earned any rewards and she told me because i wasn't spending at least $100 per billing period. and now that i have been watching that i have been earning lots more rewards. i didn't remember seeing anything about a billing period either, but that's what the slightly rude lady told me

tracy

Was that after they switched over to Chase? I haven't used mine in awhile so I haven't noticed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom