Disney VISA Benefits

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The Chase website has a link to a page that lists the benefits. They do change over time, but the ones I remember using include...

Free picture from a photoshoot in Epcot -- Innoventions West area. Usually it runs from 1:30-4:30 or so.

Discounts off backstage tours, including Keys to the Kingdom, Backstage Magic, Behind the Seeds, etc...

10% merchandise discount at World of Disney on purchases exceeding $50.

Upvote 0

DISMOM

If you do a search of the forums, there are several other threads on this subject.
We get a Disney Reward card with all of our disney points that we have earned and use that for all kinds of stuff at WDW including our treats and meals. Last trip in 2006, we had over 500 Disney points to use. We loved it!
YOu earn these points at a rate of approx 1% if purchases are made with the Disney Visa card. Your disney points are included on your monthly credit card statement and they remain in effect for about 5 years.

Just sitting back in Southern Indiana watching my Disney Reward Points add up.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

10% merchandise discount at World of Disney on purchases exceeding $50.

A note about DTD / WOD shopping - many if not most of the things you can find at the individual disney themed stores (that do not offer the discount) you can also find at WOD. Before you buy at the smaller stores take the time to go thru WOD to see if you can get it at the discount. We made the mistake of doing WOD last and saw almost everything we had already purchased there.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

So heres my question IF I get the Disney Visa and lets say I pay for everyday stuff like Electric, water or even house payment then take the same check i would have used to pay those items with, and just pay off the monthly charges on my Disney Visa do I still earn the Disney Points?

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

You betcha' ! I charge everything I can. Things that I allways paid cash for. From a soda at 7-Eleven to the new trailer for my boat, everything goes on the card and in '08 the wife and I are taking a free Disney cruise!

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

You betcha' ! I charge everything I can. Things that I allways paid cash for. From a soda at 7-Eleven to the new trailer for my boat, everything goes on the card and in '08 the wife and I are taking a free Disney cruise!

NO S*%T! WELL HECK LOOKS LKE WE ARE GETTING THE DISNEY VISA CARD...I dunno why that thought never occured to me before THANKS Guys...:wave:

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
NO S*%T! WELL HECK LOOKS LKE WE ARE GETTING THE DISNEY VISA CARD...I dunno why that thought never occured to me before THANKS Guys...:wave:

For what it's worth...

With Disney Visa, you get 1% in rewards, that are usable at Disney parks and resorts, Disneyshopping, etc. The system they have set up to allow you to use the rewards is that you get a gift card kind of thing the first time you request a reward. Thereafter, you can transfer the points from your credit card account to the gift card through an online request. It works quite well.

That being said, there are other cards that earn more than 1%, so I rarely use my Disney Visa card nowadays. I do, however, charge everything I possibly can. No point paying 100 cents on the dollar instead of 98 or 99.

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

I wonder if I'm the only one who had a problem with this card? Since the APR was pretty high, I only used it for big ticket items I could pay off immediately, as you only get 1 point per $100 spent. One 'perk' was that if you used the card to pay for your Disney vacation, you had 6 mos. of no interest or payments. I used it 3 times to pay for 3 trips, and every single time, I was billed interest at the first statement. I had to call every month to have it taken off. They would tell me they would fix it so it wouldn't happen again, but the next month, there it was again! I even had overpaid the balance, and they had the audacity to charge me $40 interest on the money THEY OWED ME! Another time, when I paid off the balance after 2 mos., I recieved a bill of just interest on the balance I had already paid off! This also happened with Chase with a Circuit City Card- a TV was 6 mos. no payment, no interest, but I was charged interest immediately. I finally just cancelled both, as I don't have the time or patience to call every month. Hopefully, I am the only one who expericed this. The points WERE nice, though. I used them for my family's souvieners and a character breakfast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom