Disney Villains Dance Mix & Mingle

ChristianG

Original Poster
Here's the new version of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnQ4FCHxegg&feature=feedu

The first few things I noticed were the torches at the corners of the stage, more lights, and a lot more fog.

And I like how they took the Dr. Facilier segment (and cards) directly from Tiana's Showboat Jubilee and put it into the show. Don't get me wrong, they executed it very well, I loved the blacklight effect along with the neon costumes. It just seems weird to me since Showboat Jubilee was a very "happy" and "light spirited" show.

So the new lights, fog, neon, fire, pyro, and Dr. Facilier segment are the only things I like in this version. I wasn't very fond of the ending song, I kept on thinking it was going to go to the Halloween movie score. I also wasn't very fond of the "Off with your head" bit at the end. It was clever, I guess, but awkward.

What do you think?

ISTCrew20

This is a change for the better, especially the costumes. The music choice is also better, in my opinion, instead of the bit they used to have from the original parade. The song they used this year is the one originally created for Tokyo Disneyland's (surprise *___*) Halloween 2009 parade. This song was actually used in the loop that played during the mingle last year.

Along with this change, the Boo to You parade has also received a new logo.

Loved it! :fork: Yeah Villians!!
I'm glad I got to see the original in 2010, too, though!
The "Off with your head" song was a little silly, but thats what Halloween is about! To be a little silly!
I was disappointed that didnt have more Maleficent as she was the star in the original version.

Thanks so much for the video!! How were the crowds at the end of the night? How was the monorail?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That choreography is TIGHT!

Overall, I really liked it. My only disappointment is the reduced role for Maleficent, who as the ultimate Disney villain, should be presiding over these things.

ChristianG

Original Poster

Overall, I really liked it. My only disappointment is the reduced role for Maleficent, who as the ultimate Disney villain, should be presiding over these things.

I agree with everything you just said. I love the choreography!

And yes, Maleficent should at least have a small segment in the show. A few lines, some flames, fog, lights, and a lead into the final song would fit in nicely.

hpyhnt 1000

Its okay...I like the addition of Facilier but I agree with what others have said regarding Maleficent; she definitely needs a few lines or a small solo dance segment. And the Queen of Hearts thing was just awkward.

Something that would be kinda cool is if they mixed and matched shows. So for instance, one show has Facilier as the lead character, but then the next one features Maleficent and another would have Cruella and so on.

PeoplemoverTTA

Although I've been to MNSSHP twice, I've never seen the Villains Mix & Mingle before :eek:

That being said, this show was really cool! I have nothing to compare it with, of course, but I think it's great use of Facilier (and I like the use of puppetry, even if it's just "ghosts").

That, and Frollo still really creeps me out...just sayin :eek:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yeah, I'm not sure what the random Queen of Hearts bit at the end was. Everyone else had left, and she was standing there doing that horrible bit. It was...extremely awkward.

sorcerermickey9

I agree with the choreography being great, the costumes are better too, and the extra fog that seemed present helps transform the stage perfectly for the show.

Its great to change things to make them fresh and newer, but certain things I didn't like.

1. The dancers by themselves got awkward for me in the beginning. It should be Maleficient starting... or at least a villain would be better. They were really great dancers but it just didn't flow like the beginning of the original show.

2. Its GREAT to see a new villain added to the spotlight especially Dr. F. but it was way too much for him to be the main highlight for a good portion of the show and not give any bigger recognition to the other classic villains. Maybe if they did their respective songs from their movie and not just him in a medley/upbeat mix it would have not seemed as weird...and much better IMO.

I have to give props for them to at least bring something fresh to the party. As well as all of the added meet and greets. I still like the old song better for the 2nd one played.

TyrantBoss

Not too bad...

Good lighting, really good choreography. I don't know if I can get used to Maleficent dancing. She just shouldn't. To me it would seem beneath her.

That voodoo guy did a great job though. The CM playing him sold it well.

The Off with your Head thing was a bit corny, but that is Disney after all when it comes to these shows.

They never include Hades in these. That's too bad.

AgentP65

Oh, please tell me that the Mistress of All Evil still comes down for M&G after the show?!

I like the addition of Facilier, but why oh why did Maleficent have to give up her prominent lead in the show? I was at MNSSHP last year and she was awesome!

ISTCrew20

Meh, Tokyo uses stateside stuff and Paris' music all the time too. I don't think this is any different. Good music is good music.

Erm, no? Between Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, which together debuts 12+ brand new shoes annually, the music is almost always original and created just for the show. They have used "We Go On" from Illuminations for their special new years eve parties, and a new version of "Share a Dream Come True" for a greeting show a few years ago, but no, they do not borrow music all the time...very rarely at all, infact.

NMBC1993

I'm so glad one of Disney's most underrated villians got a starring role. Dr. Facilier has always been a great villian to me, and now he can prove the same to everyone else:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom