News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see what you are saying. Perhaps then instead of building only DVC hotels, or very expensive experience hotels like the Star Wars hotel...they should expand the "value" resorts or "moderate" resorts. When they built the Art of Animation hotel I thought this was going to be more rooms like the value resorts offer. Instead you can only get regular rooms in the Little Mermaid wing and the rest are expensive suites.

As I said earlier, More and more Disney is catering to the wealthy and not to the regular fans. They are pricing the regular fans right out of enjoying the parks.

They’re not gonna do that either. The money is in the dvcs - where I pay for the maintenance for you to stay. Second behind that is what’s going on at the moderates and values : increased prices based on “location”’with minimal investment in services.

The reality is that they may never build a lower cost hotel again. It’s more Than likely they won’t

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But of course, Disney is all about the money and customer satisfaction is a distant third.

It gets worse...I think within the next 5 years - after the current round of construction... a plan forms where they demolish and replace the all stars...which have been packed since day one. I think they’ve only survived this lint because they feed wide world (Espn).

They can’t do they’re doing at pop, Caribbean, AoA (going to do...probably starting 2021)...which is to massively increase the price to reflect “location”

Unless we get a “skyliner” to dak on the other side...I can’t see allstars surviving

LuvWDW2

It gets worse...I think within the next 5 years - after the current round of construction... a plan forms where they demolish and replace the all stars...which have been packed since day one. I think they’ve only survived this lint because they feed wide world (Espn).

They can’t do they’re doing at pop, Caribbean, AoA (going to do...probably starting 2021)...which is to massively increase the price to reflect “location”

Unless we get a “skyliner” to dak on the other side...I can’t see allstars surviving

All Stars survives merely on price. I’m sure Pop will cost more like LM (if it isn’t already).

And to a previous above comment, they did expand moderate in a way- there’s a new tower at CSR not priced much more than the other rooms (and still less than Deluxe).

eliza61nyc

I see what you are saying. Perhaps then instead of building only DVC hotels, or very expensive experience hotels like the Star Wars hotel...they should expand the "value" resorts or "moderate" resorts. When they built the Art of Animation hotel I thought this was going to be more rooms like the value resorts offer. Instead you can only get regular rooms in the Little Mermaid wing and the rest are expensive suites.

As I said earlier, More and more Disney is catering to the wealthy and not to the regular fans. They are pricing the regular fans right out of enjoying the parks.

I disagree, they are catering to the consumer purchase, as they should. I am not understanding the "regular" fan. Disney offers hotels at many price points. They are building DVC hotels because currently DVC sells, they get a whoop of cash up front and some one to pay the maintenance. They are building Star wars hotel becasue they are a gazillion star war fans who will love the chance to stay there, that is what a business, any business should do. they build art of animation because they found that many family wanted affordable lodgings with more space and a kitchen. There are what 6 value resorts. absolutely plenty of places to fit that budget.

There is always someone who is going to feel they should get a discount or that Disney is doing more for some one else.
Disney is not a charitable organization. It is a business, it's supposed to be about the "money". what business do you know that is operating to not make money??

lastly, I and many of the dvc owners are not what I would call wealthy. We work, budget, save etc just like everyone else. most will tell you that they gave up quite a bit in order to purchase their membership.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All Stars survives merely on price. I’m sure Pop will cost more like LM (if it isn’t already).

And to a previous above comment, they did expand moderate in a way- there’s a new tower at CSR not priced much more than the other rooms (and still less than Deluxe).

Coronado was modified only to serve the convention center...it’s a Hilton business tower glued to the top of the old places

That has nothing to do with Disney’s core clientele whatsoever

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I disagree, they are catering to the consumer purchase, as they should. I am not understanding the "regular" fan. Disney offers hotels at many price points. They are building DVC hotels because currently DVC sells, they get a whoop of cash up front and some one to pay the maintenance. They are building Star wars hotel becasue they are a gazillion star war fans who will love the chance to stay there, that is what a business, any business should do. they build art of animation because they found that many family wanted affordable lodgings with more space and a kitchen. There are what 6 value resorts. absolutely plenty of places to fit that budget.

There is always someone who is going to feel they should get a discount or that Disney is doing more for some one else.
Disney is not a charitable organization. It is a business, it's supposed to be about the "money". what business do you know that is operating to not make money??

lastly, I and many of the dvc owners are not what I would call wealthy. We work, budget, save etc just like everyone else. most will tell you that they gave up quite a bit in order to purchase their membership.

The regular fan is the American middle to upper middle class. It’s what the parks where designed to feed off of and why it’s allowed them to grow to the size they have.

When they discard it completely...the parks are fully vulnerable to the kinds of crashes in harsh economic times that they never have been.

This is all historical record...there’s no dispute as to the theory and history of the operation.

eliza61nyc

The regular fan is the American middle to upper middle class. It’s what the parks where designed to feed off of and why it’s allowed them to grow to the size they have.

When they discard it completely...the parks are fully vulnerable to the kinds of crashes in harsh economic times that they never have been.

This is all historical record...there’s no dispute as to the theory and history of the operation.

hey I agree, but you don't think they felt the pinch during the 08-09 recession? I thought they did, although this was just from my point as a visitor. It seem April-May of 2009 right after the crash, it was empty and wdw was throwing all kinds of discounts on rooms. We went for a week not on points because the deals were great.
Again that was my perception.

I still think they are rock solid upper middle class, even with current ticket prices, Disney is not out of line with other vacation venues. I also think that Disney is not going to "price" itself out of any thing. as long as the overall economy is good, middle class America is going to spend the money to go. Now I say that with a caveat, as long as the middle of the bell curve feel they are getting what they paid for.

Now here of course folks will complain about what they use to get prior or about how the imagineers are not as imaginative but again for the vast majority of their guest, what do they want? are they looking at the after hours events and saying "that's an upcharge?" (these are general questions, not arguing any way) or are they saying "I'm a huge villains fan, this should be cool"? don't know. Will a guest care that the summer hours at the MK are reduced and calculate the cost of that on their ticket purchase? or will they plan to attend an after hour event.

Last edited:

LuvWDW2

Coronado was modified only to serve the convention center...it’s a Hilton business tower glued to the top of the old places

That has nothing to do with Disney’s core clientele whatsoever

Respectfully disagree. I’m booked in the tower for Labor Day- specifically because it’s a moderate hotel with inside hallways. This is Trip 20+ for me so I’m pretty “core clientele”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Respectfully disagree. I’m booked in the tower for Labor Day- specifically because it’s a moderate hotel with inside hallways. This is Trip 20+ for me so I’m pretty “core clientele”

You answered my question without me asking it...

If you’ve been there 20+ times...you’re hooked (my 11 year old has been there 28) and they don’t have to convince you on any room.

The Coronado tower - while I’m sure is very nice - wasn’t built to serve the traditional family clientele

LuvWDW2

You answered my question without me asking it...

If you’ve been there 20+ times...you’re hooked (my 11 year old has been there 28) and they don’t have to convince you on any room.

The Coronado tower - while I’m sure is very nice - wasn’t built to serve the traditional family clientele

So only hooked people know to book the tower? You can’t have it both ways. While convention peeps may have been the target, it won’t be exclusively booked by them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
hey I agree, but you don't think they felt the pinch during the 08-09 recession? I thought they did, although this was just from my point as a visitor. It seem April-May of 2009 right after the crash, it was empty and wdw was throwing all kinds of discounts on rooms. We went for a week not on points because the deals were great.
Again that was my perception.

I still think they are rock solid upper middle class, even with current ticket prices, Disney is not out of line with other vacation venues. I also think that Disney is not going to "price" itself out of any thing. as long as the overall economy is good, middle class America is going to spend the money to go. Now I say that with a caveat, as long as the middle of the bell curve feel they are getting what they paid for.

Now here of course folks will complain about what they use to get prior or about how the imagineers are not as imaginative but again for the vast majority of their guest, what do they want? are they looking at the after hours events and saying "that's an upcharge?" (these are general questions, not arguing any way) or are they saying "I'm a huge villains fan, this should be cool"? don't know. Will a guest care that the summer hours at the MK are reduced and calculate the cost of that on their ticket purchase? or will they plan to attend an after hour event.

There actions since the housing crash have Vastly limited there ability to take the body blows the next time..:because the base prices are so much higher.

If the damn broke today...Iger would retire tomorrow and the place would be in serious jeopardy for 2-5 years. Nobody would like what it’s gonna look like.

They can’t discount 85% to fill seats

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So only hooked people know to book the tower? You can’t have it both ways. While convention peeps may have been the target, it won’t be exclusively booked by them.

I’m not saying that...I’m saying the tower does not support the argument they care about lower priced rooms. Those rooms are designed to also accompany high bills from companies at the convention center

So while you or anyone can book and enjoy it...that is not why it was built

LuvWDW2

I’m not saying that...I’m saying the tower does not support the argument they care about lower priced rooms. Those rooms are designed to also accompany high bills from companies at the convention center

Again, I respectfully disagree. There are convention centers at GF, YC & CR. The convention center at CSR exists because of lower prices. The tower room price point is still lower than any of the other hotels.

(But we are wildly off topic now, so my apologies)

LuvWDW2

The stars may as not already be there. To stay one night at an all-star hotel is almost as much to stay at a "moderate" priced resort.
The phasing out is already in progress.

Do you know it's actually cheaper to fly to Hawaii and stay at a hotel on Oahu for a week than it is to go to Disney for a week and stay in a Disney Hotel with a park hopper?

I can attest to this! We went to Oahu February 2018 (Turtle Bay). We went to CSR February 2019. Same week, same number of nights. My trip total was almost the same (give or take $100-$200).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom