Disney vet going to Universal Orlando needs advice!

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Depends, did you read the link I posted for you above?

Are you trying to help me or criticize me?
I know it said I should keep a $20 in my pocket for Harry Potter since I had given up all other personal possessions and I may want to buy something (a drink, snack) before I ride. Is that what you mean?
Or are you just being condescending? If so I will just ignore you like the other trolls. I am looking for real advice. I just want to have a fun trip. Can you understand that?

JoeCamel

Your demands for info are insulting. If you would take the help I offered and read you would not be asking these questions

I respond in the tone that you set

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Your demands for info are insulting. If you would take the help I offered and read you would not be asking these questions

I respond in the tone that you set

Sorry, I read what I could during my break and I was looking for the cliff notes. I am sorry if it is a bother to help other posters. Please feel free to ignore this thread. I would rather interact with people who are more polite.

Thank you for your post, have a magical day. You are no longer being helpful.

JoeCamel

It is the tone dude, mothers say to use please and thank you when asking for help

But thats OK I will do your research for you at the best Universal site on the web that I gave you the link to.

trr1

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
It is the tone dude, mothers say to use please and thank you when asking for help

But thats OK I will do your research for you at the best Universal site on the web that I gave you the link to.

No need. I wouldn't call linking to a website as doing my research for me.

I think the tone came when you declared my "demands for info are insulting".

I am just trying to plan a vacation. If you think I don't appreciate your knowledge, don't supply it.
If you do give advice, don't supply it with conditions on how that information must be received or appreciated.

AndrewsJ

Hey, everyone! I am heading to USO and IOA and I haven't been there since 1991. It was not working so well then, but I still had a great time.

Is there anything a Universal Orlando vet can tell me that will make my trip more enjoyable?
I am staying at Cabana Bay 9/28 - 10/1 with a 3-day park to park.

Thanks in advance!

Porter
There is a great Universal Orlando podcast I listen too with tons of info on Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. They cover everything from tips and tricks to the top 5 bathrooms in the parks. It's called the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast. Very informative and fun to listen to.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
There is a great Universal Orlando podcast I listen too with tons of info on Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. They cover everything from tips and tricks to the top 5 bathrooms in the parks. It's called the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast. Very informative and fun to listen to.

Thanks! I'll give it a listen.

G8rchamps

We too are Disney vets getting ready for our first Uni in 15 years. Went yesterday to buy AP's (friend got us a great discount). Soooooo - you park and then walk to the central parking funnel where every person goes through a TSA style bag scan and metal detector. Then you walk down the ramp and walk all the way through City Walk. It took us an hour and 45 mins to get in to the front gate at guest services and back to the car. I think the bus for Cabana Bay drops behind the security lines too so you may want to plan ahead if you like to go early.

JoeCamel

You will learn how to enter the parks and leave in less than 1.75 hours. Glad you got an AP, it will pay for itself in no time.

Just treat your first experience like staying at AoA and taking the bus to the MK. That takes a chunk of time as well.

Curious, why did you make a special trip to buy an AP?

We too are Disney vets getting ready for our first Uni in 15 years. Went yesterday to buy AP's (friend got us a great discount). Soooooo - you park and then walk to the central parking funnel where every person goes through a TSA style bag scan and metal detector. Then you walk down the ramp and walk all the way through City Walk. It took us an hour and 45 mins to get in to the front gate at guest services and back to the car. I think the bus for Cabana Bay drops behind the security lines too so you may want to plan ahead if you like to go early.

G8rchamps

You will learn how to enter the parks and leave in less than 1.75 hours. Glad you got an AP, it will pay for itself in no time.

Just treat your first experience like staying at AoA and taking the bus to the MK. That takes a chunk of time as well.

Curious, why did you make a special trip to buy an AP?

We were actually in Orlando to visit friends Sat so we went Sunday to get the passes so we can skip the line when we go. We did not enter the park, so we did not activate them yet.

JoeCamel

We were actually in Orlando to visit friends Sat so we went Sunday to get the passes so we can skip the line when we go. We did not enter the park, so we did not activate them yet.

OK, for something like that I would have parked at one of the hotels and if they couldn't help you at the ticket desk in the hotel then you could have gone to the park on a water taxi or a short walk on the garden paths or even hopped in a pedicab. If you had a meal at one of the hotel restaurants they will validate your parking at the hotel

For early entry it is not busy most of the time. I can be from the garage to the gate of IOA in about 15 - 20 minutes Starbucks in hand. Like WDW it depends on the time of day, there are a lot of people going the same place you are.

With time you will find these things out. It is the same as learning WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom