News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

wtyy21

The projection of Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime fireworks looks more better this year than in 2019 as they no longer utilized castle dreamlights and instead they utilized 50th anniversary decoration and digital projection at the end.

However, in similar situation to what Disneyland cut significant part of castle pyro in their firework shows (Disneyland Forever, Halloween Screams, Believe in Holiday Magic) that predate Mickey's Mix Magic in 2019, some castle pyro in the 2021 version were cut, and the finale were sightly weak compare to 2019.

I don't know whether MSUSA projection are utilized or not?

Last edited:

tcool123

An actual parade!
  • Mickey & Minnie with a Christmas Tree. Dancers are Fab Friends and Fantasyland characters
  • Olaf float. Dancers are the ice cutters, Kristof and Anna.
  • Elsa float.
  • Goofy chef Gingerbread float. Max in Gingerbread car. Dancers are Chip 'n Dale chefs and Gingerbread men
  • Clarabell country kitchen float.
  • Princess gazebo float: Tiana, Rapunzel, Belle, White
  • Princess castle float: Elena, Mulan, Aurora, Ariel, Fairy Godmother, Merida, Jasmine
  • Toy Story toy float: Dancers are teddy bears, elves.
  • Toy Soldiers Marching (8 of them), no horns
  • Dancing reindeer
  • Santa (you just can't keep him from grand marshaling a parade)

The music is still the repetitive nonsense that repeats every 16 bars mashing snippets of other tunes short enough not to get sued for infringement.
It’s a shame so much of this parade was cut when I heard it was returning I was excited, but this? This isn’t it. While the missing elements may seem small these things add up. The absence of Mary and Bert, the Frozen section losing the skiers/skaters alongside dedicated places for Elsa/Anna and Kristoff is disappointing. The significant cut down on elves running amock in the parade route made the segment feel more hollow. At this rate I’m surprised Santa himself wasn’t excluded from the parade too 🙄

If you’re going to bring a parade back do it right Disney don’t be a scrooge about it.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It’s a shame so much of this parade was cut when I heard it was returning I was excited, but this? This isn’t it. While the missing elements may seem small these things add up. The absence of Mary and Bert, the Frozen section losing the skiers/skaters alongside dedicated places for Elsa/Anna and Kristoff is disappointing. The significant cut down on elves running amock in the parade route made the segment feel more hollow. At this rate I’m surprised Santa himself wasn’t excluded from the parade too 🙄

If you’re going to bring a parade back do it right Disney don’t be a scrooge about it.
Hate to say it but at least it wasn't a cavalcade. Moving slowly back to normal.

Giss Neric

My goodness. They cut pretty much ALL of the dancers in the parade. No skiers, half as many ice pickers, Anna and Kristoff aren’t in the sled, no elves, no candy cane girls, no trumpeters, only 8 soldiers, Cinderella is on the castle float, not the coach, no ponies. I’m sure there’s more I’m missing.

Yikes.
Forky made an appearance in the Toy Story section. Worth it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Man those pyro cuts to Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime….hurts badly. It was such a castle/FL pyro-heavy show, you just notice when something’s missing. And also the big shells were also scaled back throughout, including perimeters.

Even with those cuts, it’s still a better show than Enchantment imo — they should be playing this every night instead lol..

wtyy21

Man those pyro cuts to Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime….hurts badly. It was such a castle/FL pyro-heavy show, you just notice when something’s missing. And also the big shells were also scaled back throughout, including perimeters.

Even with those cuts, it’s still a better show than Enchantment imo — they should be playing this every night instead lol..
I suspected it will played nightly from Christmas day until New Year's Day.

jrhwdw

That's like the 90% the same show in 2019 with lesser casts crowding the stage and a bit of social distancing but not really.
1/3rd is from Most Merriest. It's a Celebration of Past MK Shows. Twas from Tomorrowland, Most Merriest and Celebrate The Season. Fitting for the 50th in my mind, I liked it! It wasn't just a Copy and Paste of soundtracks, they moved Songs around(made it new feeling). Even Santa Goofy which is friom Celebrate The Season, but also a "little"nod to Sparkling Christmas Spectacular since Goofy had Must Be Santa in that show as well. It didn't looked like they rushed it considering 2 Showings started 20 min before MOUACT,which I was worried about.
That finale is what enchantment needed…
Hate to say it but I agree! I still love Enchantment but slow endings are new to WDW. DL had one for Believe In Holiday Magic wen it first opened and it worked. Enchantment works too but we're too used to Big Finales from MK.

wtyy21

Hate to say it but I agree! I still love Enchantment but slow endings are new to WDW. DL had one for Believe In Holiday Magic wen it first opened and it worked. Enchantment works too but we're too used to Big Finales from MK.

As well as Believe There's Magic in the Stars or Imagine A Fantasy in the Sky, which their finale were bit slow pre-50th Disneyland fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom