Disney Vacation club

brianheather

Original Poster
We got an email to join the DVC, and are seriously thinking of joining. My question is, what is the best and cheapest way to go. Do you get the annual pass, or buy park tickets seperate?
Right now we would only be going once a year, but that will change.
So I am not sure if getting the annual pass would be worth it.
Thanks for the advise.

wdwfan100

We buy an AP when we plan on traveling to Disney more than once a year. I want to say we figured a total of 10 or more days with a park hopper and we would get an AP. If we do get the AP, then we will also buy the table in wonderland dining membership too. That saves us 20% of our dinner bills for a party of up to 10 people (that includes alcohol). I guess you just need to decide how long your stay will be and do the math. If your ticket cost is under an AP cost and what you may save on dinner if you join TIW, then get the AP when you will stay longer.

brianheather

Original Poster
We buy an AP when we plan on traveling to Disney more than once a year. I want to say we figured a total of 10 or more days with a park hopper and we would get an AP. If we do get the AP, then we will also buy the table in wonderland dinning membership too. That saves us 20% of our dinner bills for a party of up to 10 people (that includes alcohol). I guess you just need to decide how long your stay will be and do the math. If your ticket cost is under an AP cost and what you may save on dinner if you join TIW, then get the AP when you will stay longer.

Ok what is the TIW dining membership? never heard of that and is it worth it for 2 people

BirdsOfPreyDave

With the DVC membership, we get a $100 discount on the annual pass or a $125 discount on the premium annual pass. Those usually work out to be the best deals for us, so we tend to use annual passes instead of other ticket options.

We also only go once a year, but we plan our vacations so we can get two trips out of each pass. I travel with a school teacher, so our only option is to go on his breaks -- which means we go between June-August each year.

On the year we buy the pass, we'll go in August. The following year, we'll go in July, which allows us to use the same pass.

The TIW card is available to Florida residents and annual passholders. The cost of the card is $75 for one year. (You only need one per group.) With the card, you get 20% off your entire bill (drinks included) at most WDW restaurants. Whether the TIW card is right for you is something you'll need to do some math on. Some people prefer the Disney Dining Plans, others find that the TIW card is the better deal. If you don't spend much at Disney restaurants, you may find that you're better off without either. (You may have heard of the Disney Dining Experience, which is what the Tables in Wonderland program was called prior to a few months ago.)

wdwfan100

With the DVC membership, we get a $100 discount on the annual pass or a $125 discount on the premium annual pass. Those usually work out to be the best deals for us, so we tend to use annual passes instead of other ticket options.

We also only go once a year, but we plan our vacations so we can get two trips out of each pass. I travel with a school teacher, so our only option is to go on his breaks -- which means we go between June-August each year.

On the year we buy the pass, we'll go in August. The following year, we'll go in July, which allows us to use the same pass.

The TIW card is available to Florida residents and annual passholders. The cost of the card is $75 for one year. (You only need one per group.) With the card, you get 20% off your entire bill (drinks included) at most WDW restaurants. Whether the TIW card is right for you is something you'll need to do some math on. Some people prefer the Disney Dining Plans, others find that the TIW card is the better deal. If you don't spend much at Disney restaurants, you may find that you're better off without either. (You may have heard of the Disney Dining Experience, which is what the Tables in Wonderland program was called prior to a few months ago.)

True if you dont eat in the disney restaurants or you have the dining plan option with your room you may want to skip the TIW. Also the 10 day ticket threshold included the park hopper and the no expiration option added.

stitchsMom

Plus - if you stay at the Villas you have a full kitchen at your disposal. We found that really cuts down on our food cost. We spent $150 last year with Garden Grocer and had more food than we knew what to do with. Because of having that kitchen, we found we only ate out one meal per day (and honestly, that was more eating out than we needed to).

pacochran

Another option for tickets if you don't plan to go for more than once in a year, we buy like a 10 day ticket with no expiration and that way it's a little cheaper and we have it for mutliple trips.

quote]
We've been buying annual passes and staggering our vacations for, at least, 8 years.
Our vacation last was from Aug. 18 - 28. This year, we'll be there from Aug. 3 -13 on the same annual pass. It works out well for us. We have one expensive year and then one cheaper year.

We've tried the dining plan, but the TIW (dining experience) card works better for our family.

BTW, Welcome Home!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom