Disney Vacation Club offering discount for VIP Tours at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it's just a marketing gimmick from DVC to say - see, if you buy direct you can save money on this. As you said, this will appeal to a very small subset of DVC members. Could we afford it? Sure, but would we pay for it? Not a chance.
Yeah…and it as really stupid one too.

Who’s zooming who?

There is one promo to encourage sales and get dvc back into the “good side”

And Bob knows exactly what it is…

mysto

Oh I get that…it’s a very fringe/niche market and that’s totally ok.

It’s odd to offer a “discount” on something that leans that way though…

“well we weren’t gonna pay $2300 for a line skip of Peter Pan and mine train…but now that it’s $1850 - TOTALLY DOWN!!”

They're just trying to make sure the Starcruiser crowd has something prestigious to do now that it's gone. The economics and profitability should be similar.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They're just trying to make sure the Starcruiser crowd has something prestigious to do now that it's gone. The economics and profitability should be similar.
Oh you mean that catastrophic failure?

(That reality will NEVER get old)

1690380310603.gif

nickys

Premium Member
Why would DVCs members do this? It's not like they'll gain much out of it since they typically are Disney's biggest fans, probably don't really care for skipping lines since they can just come back next time?
1. They’re trying to show what resale buyers are missing out on
2. Probably targeting DVC members who are either
- bringing family / friends for a first time
or
- just want a hassle free way to hit all their favourite rides
or
- not the frequent, several trips per year, members - such as international members or those who haven’t been for a while
or
- just want to try a VIP tour and can rustle up a group of like-minded friends

I know a fair few US-based DVC members who haven’t been to the parks for many years and just rent out their points to pay for other vacations, like cruises. Or who like to do non-park stays or with just a couple of park days thrown in. Not to mention those who have lots of points and bring family and friends down every trip, some of whom are Club 33 members too. And a surprising number of ordinary DVC members who go a few times a year and like to splurge on a VIP tour every so often. All of whom would fit those targeted categories.

Not to mention international members like me, whose planned visits are every 2-3 years (and sometimes longer than that.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Whenever I’m planning a Disney trip I’m like “what idiot would pay $4000 to do a VIP tour” and then whenever I’m in line for Slinky Dog Dash along that godforsaken fence in the blazing Florida sun i think “you know, next time…”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom