Disney Vacation Club offering discount for VIP Tours at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The offer is valid for a VIP Tour on select dates from August 15, 2023 through September 30, 2023 (subject to blockout dates: September 2, 2023 through September 4, 2023).

Here are the details.

For a limited time, eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can save 20% on a Disney VIP Tour at Walt Disney World Resort on select dates in August and September 2023.

Explore the parks with your own VIP Tour Guide during a customizable experience filled with attractive benefits.

The team at Disney VIP Tour Services will plan the most efficient, enjoyable way for groups of up to 10 Guests to see and do the things on your list. Just tell your personal VIP Tour Guide what you'd like to see, and they'll customize your day to your desire! To learn more about Disney Private VIP Tours, visit DisneyWorld.com/VIPTours.

How to Book

Beginning August 15, 2023, call (407) 560-4033† to book.

Offer Eligibility

Disney Vacation Club Members who purchased directly from Disney and are eligible for Membership Extras may book this tour.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
That's a new one. Interesting to need to wait to wait until 8.15 for dates starting 8.15. I guess it's an attempt to minimize how many groups book at the reduced rate. Also, considering that it falls in low season the prices are likely already compatibility good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's a new one. Interesting to need to wait to wait until 8.15 for dates starting 8.15. I guess it's an attempt to minimize how many groups book at the reduced rate. Also, considering that it falls in low season the prices are likely already compatibility good.
Honestly…are you feeling ok?

It’s dead and it’s like$2500 bucks for magic kingdom😂

Just buy the genie, Robin Leach

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Jon Stewart Crying GIF

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
This might be the first good offer for direct members I’ve seen.

Wait How many VIP tours did you say can I book for the $28,000 I saved by buying resale? Oh. Oh I guess I’m still good then.

Dan Deesnee

Honestly the price isn't bad, 8 hour tour for 10 people. Say, two families of 5 at $600 an hour. That's only $2,400 per family for an incredible once in a lifetime experience.

People around here spend $90 to have a greasy stranger deliver ice cold Chili's to their house for dinner...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Honestly the price isn't bad, 8 hour tour for 10 people. Say, two families of 5 at $600 an hour. That's only $2,400 per family for an incredible once in a lifetime experience.

People around here spend $90 to have a greasy stranger deliver ice cold Chili's to their house for dinner...
Keep snorting lines of pixie dust off of Bob’s backside. “The price isn’t bad…” 🤦‍♂️

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
…”savings” is relative.

I bet you still overpaid 😎
🤷‍♂️ $83/point at SSR including an extra year’s points I don’t pay dues on. Best deal I could manage to find this spring.

Staying in a 1BR next Easter for 8 nights at about $400 a night including dues and a cost-of-capital adjusted buy in. Is that an overpay? It’s ~1/3rd of what Disney wants in cash. There was no way for me to get an equivalent room for cheaper. I find it to be appropriate for the accommodation provided - other rooms that sleep 5 are similar in price or more over the Easter holiday and don’t have laundry, a kitchen, or in most cases a bedroom.

So I dunno I think it’s pretty good! Feel free to disagree.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
🤷‍♂️ $83/point at SSR including an extra year’s points I don’t pay dues on. Best deal I could manage to find this spring.

Staying in a 1BR next Easter for 8 nights at about $400 a night including dues and a cost-of-capital adjusted buy in. Is that an overpay? It’s ~1/3rd of what Disney wants in cash. There was no way for me to get an equivalent room for cheaper. I find it to be appropriate for the accommodation provided - other rooms that sleep 5 are similar in price or more over the Easter holiday and don’t have laundry, a kitchen, or in most cases a bedroom.

Honestly, that’s a few dollars cheaper than what we paid per point direct in 2005. Not that I’d advocate anyone buy into DVC these days, certainly not direct, but for us old-timers that resale wasn’t a bad deal.

Dan Deesnee

Keep snorting lines of pixie dust off of Bob’s backside. “The price isn’t bad…” 🤦‍♂️

A family of 5 we're going on a cruise with is paying $1,900 and change for a 45 minute "dolphin encounter".

Again, relative to what you are getting, 8 hours of backstage access, skip lines, etc, the price really isn't that bad compared to other firms of premium entertainment/ experience.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Honestly, that’s a few dollars cheaper than what we paid per point direct in 2005. Not that I’d advocate anyone buy into DVC these days, certainly not direct, but for us old-timers that resale wasn’t a bad deal.
That’s actually more than I paid direct in 2005….but not terrible

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A family of 5 we're going on a cruise with is paying $1,900 and change for a 45 minute "dolphin encounter".

Again, relative to what you are getting, 8 hours of backstage access, skip lines, etc, the price really isn't that bad compared to other firms of premium entertainment/ experience.
$2000 to skip lines - not including admission - in an old park for 6 hours isn’t a good deal l…maybe for a one and done?

But the people buying are doing it for full vanity in front of the mirror…not as a once off

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
$2000 to skip lines - not including admission - in an old park for 6 hours isn’t a good deal l…maybe for a one and done?

But the people buying are doing it for full vanity in front of the mirror…not as a once off
Yeah, but the people doing it don't care one whit about the cost. It's worth it to them and they have the cash to spend.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why would DVCs members do this? It's not like they'll gain much out of it since they typically are Disney's biggest fans, probably don't really care for skipping lines since they can just come back next time?
I think it's just a marketing gimmick from DVC to say - see, if you buy direct you can save money on this. As you said, this will appeal to a very small subset of DVC members. Could we afford it? Sure, but would we pay for it? Not a chance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, but the people doing it don't care one whit about the cost. It's worth it to them and they have the cash to spend.
Oh I get that…it’s a very fringe/niche market and that’s totally ok.

It’s odd to offer a “discount” on something that leans that way though…

“well we weren’t gonna pay $2300 for a line skip of Peter Pan and mine train…but now that it’s $1850 - TOTALLY DOWN!!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom